"My best trip so far" mariahc1's Profile
New York City is the most exciting city in the world! You are never bored there. I wish I could go every year. Yes, it is crowded, yes, it is expensive and noisy, yes, it is dirty but..it's New York! The most famous city in the world. You can find everything your heart wishes for. Travellers have a chance to visit Brooklyn, Astoria, the Bronx etc.
Read my tips to learn more about the city!
A building that has become a landmark! It was built in 1902 and up until 1909 it had been the tallest building in the world! It is not actually a sight for tourists, even though many enter it to see it inside out of curiosity due to its peculiar architectural design. The Flatiron is on Broadway and 5th.
Walking to the ESB on 5th Avenue. Yes, it is one of the most famous landmarks in New York but I suggest you go early or late at night since it is always so crowded. We booked our tickets on line to skip the lines at the ticket office but still, climbing to the 86th floor takes time due to security check and everything. No doubt, the view is amazing, really, it is. If it is windy, though, you will feel that you will fly any minute. The souvenir shop was unexpectedly cheaper than other souvenir shops in New York but it is not the cheapest you have ever been to. The ESB is worth a visit but not the 22 dollars you pay. We heard the Top of the Rock is better, so next time, we'll go there.
Touring the city at night. We used the Grayline Sightseeing Tour services twice on both our visits to the city and found the experience lovely! The tour guides were very-well informed. We have noticed that our second time with Grayline contained some different sight showings so I guess they change their tours once in a while which is good. Our night tour also took us to Brooklyn which was magical because we had the chance to see the Manhattan lights!
Times Square is wonderful but don't spend all your time there. New York City is not Times Square. It is expensive, noisy, overrated and full of tourists who are lazy to get out of the area! If you haven't booked your hotel for NY yet, do not book it in Times Square since there are plenty of hotels to stay in, which are as good as the ones there and definitely cheaper. Of course, your first time in Times Square will be unforgettable, just like ours has been every since.
A city with extreme contrast, New York makes heaven a place on earth! This picture was taken from a friend's yacht who took us around Manhattan in 5 hours! It was an experience we will never forget!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 67 Reviews
- 209 Photos
- 11 Countries
- 11 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Commented on travlad's profile page
- Posted in Travel Phuket Forum "Re: about a holiday to Phuket"
- created a Budapest Travel Page "Enchanting Budapest"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Enchanting Budapest"
- Wrote a Review A fairly cheap option for a hotel in Barcelona Hotels
- mariahc1 and stavlois are now friends.
updated their Personal Page "Wonderful Copenhagen! Denmark"
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 10 reviews, 31 photos
- New York City Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Florence Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
- Sorrento Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Vienna Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Limassol Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Capri Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Toronto Intro, 1 review, 6 photos