Bacolod City Local Custom Tips by buenababe Top 5 Page for this destination
Bacolod City Local Customs: 18 reviews and 19 photos
Bacolod is regarded as the City of Smiles. So expect the people in our humble city to be friendly and welcoming.
Whenever a barangay or town celebrates a fiesta, guests are welcome in a local's home for food and drinks. Yes, it is part of the Filipino hospitality. In our town (1.5 hours from Bacolod) we celebrate our town fiesta every 5th of April. So if you're traveling to Bacolod and would like to see my hometown, then you are invited to our place. Just let me know if ever. ;)
Every October 19, Bacolod Celebrates its charter day and a Masskara Festival is held. It is a week long celebration wherein the highlight is usually the weekend before the 19th. Be sure to book your flight and hotel months before October since plenty of people are sure to be joining the festivity. There are street parties, bands, organized presentation, etc., and a guaranteed fun for the said event.
Bacolodnons love to eat out and to be "seen". It's just a small city where a friend of a friend knows this and that. We have a variety of local restaurants which we patronize and recommend with Pride... They say, when you visit Bacolod, prepare your tummy for food tripping. ;)
More Reviews (47)
- See All how bout some beer? (and food and...
- See All Climb Mt. Canlaon!
- See All Sunset at the beach...
- See All Chicken Inasal - Roasted Style
- Taxi Fare Overpricing
buenababe's Related Pages
Bacolod City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The City of Smiles"
- "Welcome to the City of Smiles - Bacolod!"
- "Where the Grass is Green and the Girls are Pretty"
- "Where the air is sweet"
- "At home in Bacolod"
- "Bacolod, is it really a dullsville?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bacolod City
- Hotels in Bacolod City
- Transportation in Bacolod City
- Nightlife in Bacolod City
- Restaurants in Bacolod City
- Shopping in Bacolod City
- Warnings and Dangers in Bacolod City
- See All...
Explore the World
- Ambattur Hotels
- Wilsede Hotels
- Isla Chapera Hotels
- Aransas Pass Hotels
Badges & Stats in Bacolod City
- 51 Reviews
- 108 Photos
- 43 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Bacolod City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bacolod City
- Posted in Travel Bacolod City Forum "Re: Need suggestion for 3 day 2..."
- Wrote a Review how bout some beer? (and food and videoke?) in Bacolod City Nightlife
- Uploaded a Photo to "Feeding the Tilapias"
- Uploaded a Video to Bacolod City
- Commented on one of shohman's Bacolod City travel pages
- created a Bacolod City Travelogue "my photoshoot. ;)"
Videos in Bacolod CitySee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bacolod City Intro, 51 reviews, 108 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Panglao Island Intro, 15 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Siquijor Island Intro, 5 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sipalay Intro, 3 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Province of Bohol Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos
- Apo Island Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos
- Boracay Island Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Pagudpud Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 3 photos
- City of Manila Intro, 3 photos