"Welcome to the City of Smiles - Bacolod!" Top 5 Page for this destination Bacolod City by buenababe
Bacolod City Travel Guide: 456 reviews and 1,154 photos
Bacolod City - the Home of the Masskara Festival.
The word "MassKara" is a portmanteau, coined by the late artist Ely Santiago from the word "mass" meaning "many or a multitude of the people", and the Spanish word cara meaning "face". A prominent feature of the festival is the mask worn by participants; these are always adorned with smiling faces. MassKara thus means a multitude of smiling face'.
Every year, the City celebrates it's charter day on October 19th and a week-long celebration is organized - from street dancing, street parties, concerts and mall shows, and events. Locals, tourists and "balikbayans" flock in Bacolod to enjoy the festivity.
So if you're planning to go to Bacolod, try to experience Masskara and u'll surely have helluvatime!
When you happen to be in Bacolod, don't miss to try the world famous Chicken Inasal (Chicken BBQ). Bacolod is known to have the original recipe for the best chicken BBQ in the country and there are plenty of restaurants which serve Inasal. There's the Manokan Country wherein, they say, the original chicken bbq came from. But in my opinion, Chicken House serves the most delicious of them all. =) Try it and be the judge! =)
Bacolod is not as grand as Manila or Cebu, or as magnifiscent as Rome or Paris. It's just a laid-back-simple city which is home to almost 500000 people. Yet, the hospitality and the warmth of the people here is priceless.
Yes, Bacolod is the City of Smiles coz that's how we greet friends and tourists - with a smile. =) and indeed, we r noted to be sweet and loving people. Negros Occidental, the province where Bacolod belongs is known to be the Sugar Capital of the Philippines.
So come see Bacolod and u'l b home away from Home. =)
- Pros:Accessible/good food/nice people
- Cons:Not much landmarks/infrastructures
- In a nutshell:the City of Smiles
MO2 is located in Goldenfield Commercial Complex (used to be the nightlife spot in Bacolod)... It is a restobar, with... more travel advice
The Capitol Lagoon is where the locals go for a stroll or just relax at night. It is located centrally in the busy... more travel advice
- See All Sunset at the beach...
- See All Smile! You're in the City of Smiles
- See All Chicken Inasal - Roasted Style
- Taxi Fare Overpricing
buenababe's Related Pages
Bacolod City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The City of Smiles"
- "Welcome to the City of Smiles - Bacolod!"
- "Where the Grass is Green and the Girls are Pretty"
- "Where the air is sweet"
- "At home in Bacolod"
- "Bacolod, is it really a dullsville?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bacolod City
- Hotels in Bacolod City
- Transportation in Bacolod City
- Nightlife in Bacolod City
- Restaurants in Bacolod City
- Shopping in Bacolod City
- Warnings and Dangers in Bacolod City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bacolod City
- 51 Reviews
- 108 Photos
- 43 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Bacolod City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bacolod City
- Posted in Travel Bacolod City Forum "Re: Need suggestion for 3 day 2..."
- Wrote a Review how bout some beer? (and food and videoke?) in Bacolod City Nightlife
- Uploaded a Photo to "Feeding the Tilapias"
- Uploaded a Video to Bacolod City
- Commented on one of shohman's Bacolod City travel pages
- created a Bacolod City Travelogue "my photoshoot. ;)"
Videos in Bacolod CitySee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bacolod City Intro, 51 reviews, 108 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Panglao Island Intro, 15 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Siquijor Island Intro, 5 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sipalay Intro, 3 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Province of Bohol Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos
- Apo Island Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos
- Boracay Island Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Pagudpud Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 3 photos
- City of Manila Intro, 3 photos