"Margie Bang Santa Barbara Page" Santa Barbara by MissyWQ
Santa Barbara Travel Guide: 658 reviews and 1,220 photos
This was first written July 2000 when I first joined Virtualtourist.com.
I moved to Santa Barbara in 1977 with three of my four sons, ages 16, 18 and 21. Couldn't afford a home here so I bought one 50 miles away in Buellton and worked in Solvang.
Refinanced it 8 yrs. later, rented it out and bought my present home in Santa Barbara. There still is gold in California. It's called "LAND" or Real Estate. Also bought a ranch in Reno which has not appreciated like FANTASTIC Santa Barbara.
I have become "jaded" with meeting famous actors, musicians and writers such as Charlton Heston, Anne Francis, Jonathan Winters, Neal Hefti, Ray Bradbury, and Robin Norwood.
As Real Estate agent I've been in the homes James Brolin and the late/great Ronald Colman, my favorite home and one of my favorite actors. He was the British Actor in original film "Shangri La" - filmed nearby in Ojai, Calif..
Also been to singer Michael Jackson's home (before he bought it) and Bo Derek's Ranch (now owned by TV's Noah Wile).
Pres. Ronald Reagan went to my church in Santa Ynez Presbyterian Church and in Santa Barbara's First Presbyterian Church.
9/11/06 I used to look at the new winners everyday on iWon.com, but found out they phone you first. Yes, my son won $10,000 after I admonished him for neglecting to go and collect credits everyday. So he went back and lo and behold he won the very next day.
I won an Elec. Organ, a Mink Jacket & Jewelry on the "Price is Right in October 1957 before they gave away cars.
I won a trip to Pueto Rico with a raffle ticket.
I won a lot of equity in my home in Santa Barbara,
not knowing it is the most desirable place to live "weatherwise" in the USA.
During Pres. Reagan's terms it became more famous.
But we are more lucky to have a "soft machine" and a head with a computer
that our Creator gave us to enjoy loved ones, science, gardens, travel, etc.
I asked God for all things that I might enjoy LIFE.
He gave me life that I might enjoy ALL THINGS.
Here I am playing the Wonder Morton Theatre Organ between movies in 1988 at the Arlington Theatre. Be sure to see this Theatre Organ, brought from Jersey City to Texas to Santa Barbara. The organ restoration was completed in 1988 by volunteers, like myself, who moved, sanded and shellacked hugh wooden pipes, tore off old leather from other parts, etc. Technical volunteers did an incredible job under the direction of professionals Steve Leslie and Roger Inkpen from San Jose.
We often have concerts with well known artists. My favorite artist/organist is Dennis James from San Diego, who, thank God, is keeping the Silent Movies era alive with his music accompaniment to actors like Buster Keaton.
Call Margie Bang 805-683-1876 for concert information.
Arlington Theatre Santa Barbara on State Street.
This is a photo of the interior of the Arlington Theatre on 1317 State Street Santa Barbara.
Call me, Margie Bang in the phone book, if you want to see the Theatre Organ.
This is an unusual interior. It looks like a Spanish village.
See the famous Dolphins statue at the Wharf at the end of State Street by Sculptor 'Bud' Bottoms. Eat at Summerland's... more travel advice
I once lived in these El Escorial apartments only a few steps from the East Beach. Whenever President Ronald Reagan came... more travel advice
MissyWQ's Related Pages
Santa Barbara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Santa Barbara"
- "Santa Barbara"
- "SANTA BARBARA"
- "At Home with Ernst: Santa Barbara"
- "Santa Barbara"
- "A-list Heavenly Santa Barbara"
- "Santa Barbara... my sweet memory"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santa Barbara
- Hotels in Santa Barbara
- Transportation in Santa Barbara
- Nightlife in Santa Barbara
- Restaurants in Santa Barbara
- Shopping in Santa Barbara
- Warnings and Dangers in Santa Barbara
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santa Barbara
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 230 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Santa Barbara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Barbara
- Posted in Travel San José Forum "Cruise ship coral princess..."
- updated a Santa Barbara Travel Page "Margie Bang Santa Barbara Page"
- Commented on one of travelgourmet's Santa Barbara travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Margie Bang Santa Barbara Page"
- Wrote a Review See the famous Dolphins... in Santa Barbara Off The Beaten Path
Top 10 Pages
- Santa Barbara Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Norway Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Nürnberg Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Reno Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Frankfurt am Main Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- New York City Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 4 reviews, 1 photo
- Washington D.C. Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Santa Ynez Intro, 4 photos