"Margie Bang Santa Barbara Page" Santa Barbara by MissyWQ

Santa Barbara Travel Guide: 656 reviews and 1,213 photos

This is our magnificent Santa Barbara Courthouse.

This was first written July 2000 when I first joined Virtualtourist.com.

I moved to Santa Barbara in 1977 with three of my four sons, ages 16, 18 and 21. Couldn't afford a home here so I bought one 50 miles away in Buellton and worked in Solvang.

Refinanced it 8 yrs. later, rented it out and bought my present home in Santa Barbara. There still is gold in California. It's called "LAND" or Real Estate. Also bought a ranch in Reno which has not appreciated like FANTASTIC Santa Barbara.

I have become "jaded" with meeting famous actors, musicians and writers such as Charlton Heston, Anne Francis, Jonathan Winters, Neal Hefti, Ray Bradbury, and Robin Norwood.

As Real Estate agent I've been in the homes James Brolin and the late/great Ronald Colman, my favorite home and one of my favorite actors. He was the British Actor in original film "Shangri La" - filmed nearby in Ojai, Calif..

Also been to singer Michael Jackson's home (before he bought it) and Bo Derek's Ranch (now owned by TV's Noah Wile).

Pres. Ronald Reagan went to my church in Santa Ynez Presbyterian Church and in Santa Barbara's First Presbyterian Church.

9/11/06 I used to look at the new winners everyday on iWon.com, but found out they phone you first. Yes, my son won $10,000 after I admonished him for neglecting to go and collect credits everyday. So he went back and lo and behold he won the very next day.

I won an Elec. Organ, a Mink Jacket & Jewelry on the "Price is Right in October 1957 before they gave away cars.
I won a trip to Pueto Rico with a raffle ticket.
I won a lot of equity in my home in Santa Barbara,
not knowing it is the most desirable place to live "weatherwise" in the USA.
During Pres. Reagan's terms it became more famous.

But we are more lucky to have a "soft machine" and a head with a computer
that our Creator gave us to enjoy loved ones, science, gardens, travel, etc.

I asked God for all things that I might enjoy LIFE.
He gave me life that I might enjoy ALL THINGS.

Margie Bang playing the Arlington Theatre Organ

Here I am playing the Wonder Morton Theatre Organ between movies in 1988 at the Arlington Theatre. Be sure to see this Theatre Organ, brought from Jersey City to Texas to Santa Barbara. The organ restoration was completed in 1988 by volunteers, like myself, who moved, sanded and shellacked hugh wooden pipes, tore off old leather from other parts, etc. Technical volunteers did an incredible job under the direction of professionals Steve Leslie and Roger Inkpen from San Jose.
We often have concerts with well known artists. My favorite artist/organist is Dennis James from San Diego, who, thank God, is keeping the Silent Movies era alive with his music accompaniment to actors like Buster Keaton.
Call Margie Bang 805-683-1876 for concert information.

Address:
Arlington Theatre Santa Barbara on State Street.

Arlington Theatre on State Street in Santa Barbara

This is a photo of the interior of the Arlington Theatre on 1317 State Street Santa Barbara.
Call me, Margie Bang in the phone book, if you want to see the Theatre Organ.
This is an unusual interior. It looks like a Spanish village.

• Intro Updated Apr 16, 2010

• chocolatecake's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2011 at 9:45 PM

Beautiful Arlington Theatre, I'll remember to call Mergie Bang in the phone book if I want to see the Theatre Organ :D

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2010 at 2:10 PM

Hi Margie, if I ever get to that part of the world, I will surely give your son a call to collect me. lol ;-)

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2010 at 10:00 AM

how is Margie, not spoken to your for a while;-)))

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2010 at 1:28 PM

Lovely Santa Barbara travel page. Dolphins Statue and Oprah's home cetainly look amazing from your photographs. ~ho & pang

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2009 at 3:31 PM

I stopped over at Santa Barbara on my drive from LA to SF. Nice town. Cheers, SL :)

• YVRDave's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2008 at 1:35 PM

Wow, does the El Estorial look alot like the Del Coronado in Coronado.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2007 at 9:17 PM

This is a terrific page that shows keen insights about beautiful Santa Barbara.

• Hopkid's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2007 at 2:58 PM

Hi Margie! Is that organ at the Arlington a Wurlizter? At any rate, I love the sound of those old theater organs. Next time we come out to SoCal I'll ask if you're having any concerts! We have a working organ here in Richmond as well!

• Tugboatguy's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2007 at 1:32 AM

Margie, A fine page on one of my favorite destination annual cruises on SEEKER. Everything is close by the Harbor & the trolley is a bargain! Love the Marine Museum. You truly live on America's Riviera! Wonderful weather & warm Summer evenings. Doug

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2006 at 1:28 AM

Hello Margie. Thank you very much for your lovely comment on my homepage. You also have some lovely information here & a nice hometown :-) Merry Xmas to you and your loved ones / Jess

MissyWQ Lives Here!

MissyWQ

“Don't be stressed, you are blessed.”

Badges & Stats in Santa Barbara

Have you been to Santa Barbara?