"Beautiful Bermuda" Bermuda by MissyWQ
Bermuda Travel Guide: 734 reviews and 2,263 photos
The most amazing thing about Bermuda is the CORAL beaches. Coral Pink from the bones of ............. make the coral reef. Boy, do I need to research this. Will get back to you. But the beaches have really Pink sand!!
Beach sand is not volcanic but from finely pulverized remains of calcium carbonate shells and skeletons of invertebrates such as corals, clams, forams and other shells. Beaches begin with tiny single-celled animals, Foraminifera, in particular, homotrema rubrum - or forams - dark red skeletal animals that grow profusely on the underside of Bermuda's coral reefs. When the red forms die, the skeletons plummet to the ocean floor. < More info than you wanted?
MissyWQ's Related Pages
Bermuda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Back to my first real home"
- "Bermuda - an English outpost"
- "Bermuda - A snapshoot from an outsider"
- "Let me help you find Bermuda"
- "Bermuda-A Tropical Beauty!"
- "Bermuda ~ The Somers Isles"
- "Bermuda, beautiful in Every Way...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bermuda
- Hotels in Bermuda
- Transportation in Bermuda
- Nightlife in Bermuda
- Restaurants in Bermuda
- Shopping in Bermuda
- Warnings and Dangers in Bermuda
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bermuda
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Bermuda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bermuda
Photos in BermudaSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Santa Barbara Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Norway Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Nürnberg Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Reno Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Frankfurt am Main Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- New York City Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 4 reviews, 1 photo
- Washington D.C. Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Santa Ynez Intro, 4 photos