"East Coast of Iceland - where my roots are" East Iceland by Ringdal
East Iceland Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 131 photos
I was born in Reykjavik but brought up on the east coast of Iceland. I particularly want to tell about Mjoifjordur which is a pearl on the east coast, a secluded fjord where almost no one visits, quite nice as one has the whole fjord by oneself.
The fjord is simply fantastic, very calm weather, usually sunny (in the summertime), plenty of fish in the fjord and salmon in the river.
The fjord is also known to have the most variety in flora, when it comes to Iceland and you can really tell on a beautiful summerday as there are so many types of tiny flowers that you can't count the varieties.
Natual clamshell in the fjord and you can get license for hunting if you pay enough.
I am attaching a photo taken in August 2005, which really tells the whole truth about the fjord.
- Pros:It's simply wonderful, a paradise for you who want to experience true nature and peace.
- Cons:Can't think of any or if too few people around is a con then perhaps that one.
- In a nutshell:My peaceful paradise.
East Iceland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Petra's Mineral collection at Stöðvarfjörður."
- "East Coast of Iceland - where my roots are"
- "A Place To Rest..."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in East Iceland
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to East Iceland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in East Iceland
No friends yet.