"Hello from the Gold Coast" bbunter's Profile

My favourite book is an Atlas

UPDATE - AUGUST 2013

Since I last wrote on this page I have added a trip to Las Vegas and Los Angeles with my Dad and am now planning my trip to this year's Aussie Meet in Western Australia. I'm really looking forward to that and to meeting some more VT members.

GOING BACK TO 2010 I STARTED MY FIRST HOME PAGE. Generally speaking everything I wrote then is still true. All that has changed is my age (I'm now 30) and the fact that I did indeed make that trip to the USA with my Dad. I keep promising my Mum (Maryimelda) that I will write some pages but as yet I have not kept that promise. Maybe one day soon.

So far in my 27 years I have travelled to Europe twice, to New Zealand and pretty extensively here in Oz. I am at present planning a trip to the West Coast of the USA with my Dad in 2011.

My Dad is English so he took my brother and I to England to visit our grandparents in 1990. I was only 7 years old but I can still remember most of it. I am a bridge freak and I was enthralled with all the bridges in the UK. I also really enjoyed my visit to the Bloody Tower.

In 2007 I returned to Europe, this time with my Mum who is also a member of VT (Maryimelda). On that trip we visited, Paris, Lourdes, Cannes, Genoa, Salzburg, Munich, Prague, Vienna, Venice, Pisa, Rome, Naples Pompeii, Sorrento, Positano, Palermo, Ireland and England. We had a great time and I was able to really enjoy a true "bridge fest" during that trip.

In 2009, I was off to Auckland, NZ for my cousin's wedding. Another great experience for me. I particularly liked trying the wines on Wahiki Island.

Here in Australia, I have travelled extensively around Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria.

Hopefully 2011 will bring a trip for my Dad and I to West Coast USA. That's what I'm planning now and already, I am getting great advice and pointers from some of the members of VT.

Ships in the night.

When Mum and I flew to Europe we just happened to be in Singapore for a few hours at the same time as my Dad was there on his way back from visiting his parents in England. It was a long shot, but I found him and was able to spend a few minutes with him before we all had to head off to our respective boarding gates.

• Intro Updated Aug 10, 2013

Feb 22, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Hey Billy mate!! Happy birthday!! See you next year :o) xx

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2014 at 4:19 AM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• tropicrd's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2014 at 3:01 AM

Hi Billy hope you have a wonderful birthday;;;Big Hugs

Feb 22, 2014 at 4:44 PM

and i'm glad you're still coming it wouldn't be the same without you after what happened this morning hugs back at you again

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2014 at 2:28 AM

Happy Birthday Billy looking forward to meet you next year bin Tongeren

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2014 at 1:35 AM

Hi Billy! Doesn't seem like a year has past since your last Birthday! Hope you had a wonderful day and wishing you all the best for the rest of the year.
    Dee & Ian

Feb 22, 2014 at 4:57 PM

Thanks Dee, no it doesn't seem like a yea rsince we all met at Stones Corner. Say hi to Ian and Scooter

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2014 at 1:17 AM

Hello hello dear Billy :-)) By now you might come home from your birthday dinner - so here again: I wish you a marvellous wonderful fantastic happy birthday!!!

Feb 22, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Thanks a lot Ingrid. I really enjoyed my birthday dinner with Mum.

• tropicrd's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Great to see you have signed up for the 2015 euro meet Billy.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Thanks for thinking of me and taking that lovely photo, I love it! I have it as my background on the computer

• Treshi's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Hello Billy, this is Treshi. Thank you for signing my post card from the Big Downunder Meet 2013. Mine arrived today!!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
bbunter's Profile Photo

bbunter

“I do my best thinking when I travel.”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.