"Virginia Beach" Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Beach by bugalugs

Virginia Beach Travel Guide: 362 reviews and 504 photos

Situated on the east coast of the United States, Virginia Beach is part of an area called Hampton Roads.This area also includes Williamsburg and Yorktown both such lovely places to visit and very interesting.

I had never heard of Virginia Beach until we were deciding where we were going to stay in the US. We had decided to book our flights to Washington DC and then take it from there. But as our son who was then just 16 and his friend were coming with us, there are only so many historical and educational things you can drag them round.

Virginia Beach has a lot to offer visitors, including swimming and water sports, fair ground, bicycle hire, boating, surfing, and the boardwalk can get busy with skateboarders and inline skaters also.
Quite a few golf courses in this area as well.

• Last visit to Virginia Beach: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Nov 6, 2004

• thecatsmeow's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2006 at 2:51 PM

Loving you VB page. Good tips and handy info. I can't wait for outr trip in June. Pg Ugly had me laughing. Interesting but accurate description for the car. Hello from Washougal. Joyce

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2005 at 6:46 PM

G'day Dianne.Mini golf is fun!! I had my first game a few weeks back and thoroughly enjoyed it and a few laughs. Looks like a nice place to visit. Cheers, Ann :o)

• miner's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2005 at 6:08 PM

I love your choice in restaurants. I love both of these places. Virginia Beach sounds like an awesome place to visit in August,

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2005 at 8:50 AM

Great page, Dianne. Wow. They clean the sand!! That's impressive.

• Simonneeddy's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2004 at 7:14 AM

We visited here a number of years ago after a hurricaine had passed so the beach was a mess but we stayed a couple of days anyway. We were on our way back to Canada fron Florida where we passed a month in Daytona. Eddy

• olja1234's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2004 at 1:52 PM

I'm sure, your son and his friend enjoyed in golf playing very much. Interesting place, I beleive.

bugalugs

“they say travel broadens the mind it said nothing about my hips!”

Badges & Stats in Virginia Beach

Have you been to Virginia Beach?

Latest Activity in Virginia Beach