"Viva Las Vegas" Las Vegas by bugalugs
Las Vegas Travel Guide: 8,460 reviews and 17,447 photos
Do you want to come to Las Vegas with me, my husband asked in early December. Well what a question to ask me.......NO I said! Why he wanted to know. Well the thought of such a long flight filled me with dread, approximately 11 hours stuck in a plane was not on my agenda.
He had to go there for 3 nights leaving on his birthday and had the opportunity to take me. In the end I relented and said yes, and so it was arranged.
Thank goodness I said yes, I really enjoyed it, a very unusual kind of place, a bit like a fairground that is open 24/7 but so much to see.
Can you believe it, but this desert City called Las Vegas translates from Spanish to 'The Meadows' and apparently in the early 19th century that is just what it was, a place lush with vegetation and water.
In the late 19th century a railroad was built here and the town began.
It was'nt until 1931 that gambling was legalised here.
It is recorded that in 2003 there were over 35 million visitors to Las Vegas!!!!!!!
We are neither of us gamblers and wanted to see something away from the neon lights, one armed bandits and roulette wheels so we visited the Hoover Dam, an amazing sight to see and not too far away either.
Red Rock Canyon is a short drive up in the hills which surround Las Vegas. It has such natural beautiful and is worthy of a visit. You can even see the suburbs of Las Vegas in the distance.
- Pros:A place with such contrasts on its doorstep
- Cons:You could lose your shirt figureatively speaking!
- In a nutshell:You may like it but your feet wont!
Caesars Palace/Forum is I found a bit naff, trying to emulate Rome didnt really do it for me. However there are a lot of... more travel advice
Near to the gift shop in the Golden Nugget Hotel/Casino on display in a glass case is a real golden nugget weighing a... more travel advice
- See All Taxi
- See All A little out of town
- See All Discounts!
- See All Hoover Dam
- Vegas Vic
bugalugs' Related Pages
Las Vegas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Las Vegas - Always Updating!"
- "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!"
- "A tourists view of Las Vegas"
- "Vegas - City with a sleeping disorder"
- "las vegas"
- "Viva Las Vegas"
- "Las Vegas: An Escape From Reality"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Las Vegas
- Hotels in Las Vegas
- Transportation in Las Vegas
- Nightlife in Las Vegas
- Restaurants in Las Vegas
- Shopping in Las Vegas
- Warnings and Dangers in Las Vegas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Las Vegas
- 60 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Las Vegas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Las Vegas
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gibraltar Intro, 118 reviews, 118 photos
- Prague Intro, 86 reviews, 86 photos
- New York City Intro, 83 reviews, 82 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 60 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ronda Intro, 50 reviews, 52 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 50 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buxton Intro, 38 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 43 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 34 reviews, 45 photos
- Chester Intro, 32 reviews, 45 photos