"Zurich" Zürich by bugalugs

Zürich Travel Guide: 1,898 reviews and 5,735 photos

On the spur of the moment my husband saw a good travel deal to Zurich for a weekend. "Did I want to go" he asked!!!!! It did not take much persuasion :-)

We left on the Friday afternoon flying into Zurich and arriving at the airport about 6.30pm local time.

Zurich is the largest City in Switzerland but not actually the capitol.

There are lots of things to see in this beautiful city with its river and lake, and surrounding mountains. Bahnhofstrasse with its designer shops where most people including me can only afford to browse!

The old town, with its cobbled streets, cafes, restaurants, bars and adult entertainment galore!

Winding streets, churches, steeples and the famous clock tower of St. Peters.

So much to do and see in a weekend but we feel we saw a lot, even travelling up the mountain in a cable car and then throwing snowballs at each other :-)

The evening we arrived vt member Elisabeth (Rebibi) and her husband Remo kindly picked us up at our hotel and took us to a restaurant in the hills overlooking Zurich. It was a wonderful evening, they both made us feel so welcome and both myself and my husband were really pleased to meet them. Thank you Elisabeth and Remo :-)

On the hill overlooking Zurich is Felsenegg, which was really beautiful it was covered in snow and lovely views over the lake and the city.

• Pros:Excellent transport system for getting around
  • Cons:Very expensive!
  • In a nutshell:A great place to visit, but in January you need your thermals!
  • Last visit to Zürich: Jan 2003
  • Intro Updated Feb 8, 2004

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2010 at 10:10 AM

I hope to visit Zurich soon. Ciao!

• Apr 20, 2008 at 12:00 PM

Thank you for taking the time to write all of your wonderfully entertaining and informative posts about Zurich.

• canuck68's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2008 at 3:55 PM

A great Zurich page, Dianne. That chocolate shop looked very very good. Thanks, Diane

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2006 at 9:47 AM

Very good page on my hometown!

• birchy99's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2006 at 8:11 PM

Imagine, I'm doing my weekly armchair travel, this week to Zurich and guess who has the #2 rated page? Very helpful, Di. Mart

• Sep 29, 2006 at 12:45 PM

Lovely page! and nice pictures. Nikos

• pakistanibrain's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2006 at 1:25 AM

Nice winter pics of Zurich. I've been to Zurich several times, but only once in winter.

• Sjalen's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2006 at 9:30 AM

Nice page! :)

• Jan 17, 2006 at 1:13 PM

Hi! I'll be staying in Zurich for a couple of days this March, and your tips and pictures are very helpful. Wonderful travel pages!

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2005 at 7:59 AM

Hi Dianne, I'll be spending a few hours while I fly in and out of Zurich on my way to Constance...your pages are really great!! Thanks!

bugalugs

“they say travel broadens the mind it said nothing about my hips!”

Badges & Stats in Zürich