"Prague" Prague by bugalugs

Prague Travel Guide: 11,888 reviews and 24,834 photos

For a birthday treat my husband took me for 3 nights to Prague, somewhere both of us had wanted to go to for a long time. Also an ever growing popular tourist destination.

The Capital of the Czech Republic Prague is called "Maticka Praha" by the Czech people which means "little mother Prague".

For 40 years The Czech Republic was under communist rule until what is know as the 'velvet revolution' in 1989. It is now part of the EU, although they have not adopted (like Britain) the euro currency.

Beautiful buildings and architecture can be seen around every corner. The River Vltavo runs through the middle of Prague. Many bridges span the river but its the Charles Bridge, which is pedestrianised that visitors are drawn to. Here there are street vendors selling all sorts of things, a hurdy gurdy man, and in the distance on the hill is the Castle.

• Pros:A good inexpensive underground system
  • Cons:Too cold in November!
  • Last visit to Prague: Nov 2004
  • Intro Updated Apr 24, 2005

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2009 at 12:41 AM

I really enjoyed your page and lovely photos. what a great page

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2009 at 5:15 AM

Hi Dianne - Outstanding photos/detail - did the delux tour w/you. Very moving WWII crypt story - Grazie, Carol <(•¿•)>

• monica71's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2009 at 7:32 AM

great page, pictures and tips! we hope to visit prague in the near future and i will use your tips :)

• janetanne's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2008 at 3:05 PM

Di! How are you???? I miss you! If you are alright, send me a little note. Filakia, Janet...in the mean time, I love your Prague pages. I've never been and I so want to go.

• adema29's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2007 at 10:57 AM

Very nice pages, pictures and very nice...birthday treat! Prague is beautiful!

• BlueBeth's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2007 at 8:26 AM

Great tips and pictures Dianne, I'm now planning our next trip to Prague. Beth

• DavyJB's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2006 at 12:01 PM

Great photo's and tips especially the 'Operation Daybreak' ones we will be checking that out for sure when we are there in early December, Thanks

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2006 at 12:05 AM

Hello Dianne :-) I really enjoyed your tips and gorgeous photos of this famous city. I really hope to visit someday... it's on my loooong list of future travels! Greetings from Dubai :-) Jess

• Bangkokjoe's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2006 at 12:24 AM

Your passion for Prague rubbed off on me nicely, ta. Ian

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2006 at 9:07 AM

Fascinating city, must really visit it now after seeing your page. Will be back to see more.

bugalugs

“they say travel broadens the mind it said nothing about my hips!”

Badges & Stats in Prague