"Beautiful Brugge" Brugge by bugalugs

Brugge Travel Guide: 2,687 reviews and 7,160 photos

The city of Brugge is in West Flanders. The late medieval architecture is largely untouched over the centuries. It was once a thriving cloth and textile centre until the harbour silted up in the 15th century.

There is lots to see here whether its the beautiful canals, sightseeing, churches, museums, town squares, shopping, and of course Belgium is renowned for its lace and chocolates although I dont really ever eat chocolate!

We had never been to Belgium before and were certainly not disappointed. I especially loved the architecture the buildings are so beautiful.

Everything is within easy walking distance as it is a very compact city, or you can have a carriage ride or a canal boat trip to see the sites. Another alternative is to hire a bicycle.

The photograph above is taken of me and my son Joe whilst we were waiting for a canal boat trip.

• Pros:Such an easy city to explore
  • Cons:Cannot think of any
  • Last visit to Brugge: May 2001
  • Intro Updated Oct 4, 2004

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2009 at 9:53 AM

I'd like to visit Brugge soon. Ciao!

• LOHRER's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2006 at 2:13 AM

beautiful page, the Venice of the the North as they call Brugge. thank you for visiting my Venice page

• songlines's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2006 at 1:24 PM

Thanks for visiting my pages. I have greatly enjoyed yours too. Brugge is a wonderful place and your tips are very good! Greetings from Ireland.

• Hopkid's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2006 at 2:58 PM

Nice tips here. I took a break from work to learn about Brugge. Belguim would be a a nice place to visit I think! ~ Andy

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2005 at 1:06 PM

Really charming place, loved the canals and bridges and the old architecture. Might use your accommodation tip if I ever go there.

• BluBluBlu's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2005 at 2:17 PM

Di..great pages...and great photo's too! Happy travels...Blu

• masc4s's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2005 at 1:47 AM

A lovely birds-eye view of a beautiful town Di. The architecture here is just brilliant not to mention the choc shops :-)!

• rozehill's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2004 at 12:34 AM

I really loved it in Brugge when i was there withw fellow vter. It is so quaint and full of history, not to speak of the delectable choccies!!! Can't wait to get back there. Did you go inside the museum of the Beguinage?

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2004 at 3:14 AM

Great page on Bruges. Yes, taking a cruise on the canals is an absolute must while you're there!

• Myndo's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2004 at 11:41 AM

Great page of this lovely city! Thanks for sharing!

bugalugs

“they say travel broadens the mind it said nothing about my hips!”

Badges & Stats in Brugge