"INNSBRUCK 1976" Innsbruck by bugalugs

Innsbruck Travel Guide: 1,139 reviews and 2,564 photos

Although it is many years since my holiday in Innsbruck with my mum, I still have wonderful memories of a fantastic holiday.

No, it was'nt a skiing holiday (I can just manage walking in shoes, no chance with planks under them - lol) but a sightseeing holiday.

We spent a week touring around the area visiting different places, eating, drinking (I had to force myself :) ) and making new friends, one of which I still correspond with to this day.

We visited Saltzburg which I will write about soon. Also a lovely village in the mountains called Achensee. We visited Oberammagau where the Passion Play is put on by the villagers every ten years.

I am afraid I cannot find photos of all the places but will do pages on some of them. I hope you will like reading them as much as I like producing them. I cannot give many hints or tips but to describe my holiday as I found it.

• Pros:A place to visit any time of the year
  • Cons:Cannot think of any
  • In a nutshell:Magnificent scenery
  • Last visit to Innsbruck: Dec 1975
  • Intro Written Nov 5, 2002

• Daja123's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2006 at 1:06 PM

What a lovely page Dianne! Austria is very nice country. I love this place too. Thanks so much for your visit to my Tunisia page.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2005 at 8:06 PM

I thank you for visiting my Palm Springs page. Austria and the Alps are pretty colder, aren't they ! Nice page !

• gabriellefox's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2005 at 10:10 AM

Hi Dianne, Looks like you had loads of fun here. Great page - well done!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2005 at 3:19 PM

Dianne, this does look like a really fun vacation, especially those large glasses of wine! Beautiful scenery. Great photos.

• Alphons's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2004 at 1:55 AM

Very nice page and pics, brings back memories, greetings Alphons...

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2004 at 4:41 AM

Love your photos Dianne! I had a brief but enjoyable visit to Innsbruck a couple of years back : ))

• babar_1's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2004 at 6:58 AM

Very interesting tips, lovely photos. Happy Birthday EDianne ;o))

• GrantBoone's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2004 at 4:41 AM

Austria is such a beautiful country. We stopped off at Innsbruck on the way to Ischgl.

• muddybok's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2004 at 6:50 AM

The mountain at the background looks awesome! I always like to see Nightlife section, those bar looks like fun.

• ania70pl's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2004 at 4:56 AM

I love winter holidays and I'm going to the mountains soon. Hope to have a lot of snow there. Very nice page, thanks.

bugalugs

“they say travel broadens the mind it said nothing about my hips!”

Badges & Stats in Innsbruck

Have you been to Innsbruck?

Latest Activity in Innsbruck