"California" Top 5 Page for this destination California by bugalugs

California Travel Guide: 46,548 reviews and 111,825 photos

I dont know who was more excited me or my son who was 11 years old at the time, that we were off to California.

California has it all, sun snow, cities, beaches, deserts, mountains and forests. I suppose thinking of California we conjure up images of San Francisco, Los Angeles and Hollywood. But there is so much more to see in this huge state. Unfortunately a two week holiday is certainly not enough. If you get the chance before visiting, try and read as much as you can. If you are not going on an organised tour, but are planning a fly drive and have never been before like we had'nt, try to plan on what you want to see each day. We probably tried to see too much in too short a time and very probably missed seeing some things that we would have liked.

Here is a mini tour of our California holiday. Visiting:
Santa Monica
Long Beach
Huntington Beach
San Diego
I hope you enjoy this whistle stop tour!

• Pros:Such vastly different places to visit!
  • Cons:Not enough time to see everything!
  • In a nutshell:Dreaming of California - On a winters day!
  • Last visit to California: Aug 1998
  • Intro Updated Feb 16, 2003

• MissyWQ's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2007 at 8:48 PM

Come back to California. You missed Santa Barbara or you just were so overwhelmed you couldn't find to words to write about it. This summer has been wonderful, while all of the USA is sweltering in heat, we have a cool marine air.

• Mar 11, 2007 at 12:09 PM

Just do not eat the salad. I had a big black bug in mine, and the Mgr. says sometimes produce comes in with bugs, but it is beyond their control. LOL

• Carmanah's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2005 at 5:05 PM

This brings back memories of my own family childhood summer vacations to California. I think you've motivated me to bring out the old photo albums and make use of my scanner!

• dfactor's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2005 at 1:16 AM

Great page on CA. Planning on a trip the San Francisco now. Ur page sure comes in handy.

• wish-nu's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2005 at 10:08 PM

super picture of the Bridge, super page

• Callavetta's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2005 at 1:23 PM

California is a BIG state, isn't it? Next time you'll have to drive from SF North and see the other half! :-)

• Feb 28, 2005 at 10:25 AM

WOW.. that is alot of stuff to do in California in one day! Whew.. Must have been fun though!

• doreenellen's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2005 at 5:00 AM

Lovely, informative page with great photos. Brings back memories for me. My dream is to return one day.

• whitecliff62's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2004 at 1:23 PM

Oh you lucky, lucky, person. California must have been a dream come true, take me next time hehehehehehehe.

• wcph's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2004 at 1:22 AM

Very nice page, looks like you had a fantastic time!

bugalugs

“they say travel broadens the mind it said nothing about my hips!”

Badges & Stats in California

Have you been to California?

Latest Activity in California