"Salzburg - Such wonderful scenery" Salzburg by bugalugs

Salzburg Travel Guide: 2,584 reviews and 5,957 photos

It had been 31 years since I had visited Salzburg on a day trip from Innsbruck when I was on holiday with my dear mum. I couldnt really remember that much of the detail but that I had thought it was a beautiful place and would one day love to return. Here I was with my husband who had never visited Austria and I can only say that neither of us were disappointed. We had only 3 nights here but were so enamoured with it we have booked to go for a week this September (2007).

There is no getting away with it but it was here that the musical 'The Sound of Music' was filmed. Lots of people didnt like the film at all but there are millions the world over who did. I being one of them. I must have been about 13 when my mum took me to see it in Manchester which was a rare treat. I remember sobbing buckets. I actually saw it in the cinema 11 times. I distinctly remember the 3rd occasion where I actually started crying at the overture and people looking round at me. :-)

One of the lovelt things about Salzburg is it is an all year round kind of place. I assume that a lot of people just associate it with Skiing. But as I dont ski and we went in early October there is just so much to see. I can actually say that I dont think anyone visiting whatever the time of year could be disappointed. The people were so helpful, I had only to stop to look at my street map and people stopped and asked me if they could help me. I certainly couldnt see that happening where I come from.

• Pros:Such a wonderful place I just wished I lived here
  • Cons:I could not think of one thing bad to say
  • Last visit to Salzburg: Oct 2006
  • Intro Updated Jul 23, 2007

bugalugs

“they say travel broadens the mind it said nothing about my hips!”

Badges & Stats in Salzburg

Have you been to Salzburg?

Latest Activity in Salzburg