"Blackpool" Top 5 Page for this destination Blackpool by bugalugs

Blackpool Travel Guide: 482 reviews and 892 photos

Blackpool, well what can you say really, I have been there countless times and until I came on vt and wanted to write a page about it, I realised that we had hardly ever taken a photograph there, we just sort of took Blackpool for granted. (Sorry Blackpool no offence intended)

As we live in the North West of England, only about 2 hours drive from Blackpool, its the kind of place where you go for the day, or even for the night, especially when the illuminations are on. These used to start about November, but every year it seems to get earlier and earlier. This year it was September. They are also switched on by a celebrity.

There are lots of activities to do but the majority of these costing money, and if the weather is bad (which being England we can't rule this out) there are indoor activites, but again costing money. I personally think that spending a week here with children would be rather expensive.

• Pros:If you have the opportunity go - its an experience
  • Cons:Can be rather costly
  • In a nutshell:This isnt Las Vegas - so take a brolly!!!!!
  • Last visit to Blackpool: Feb 2002
  • Intro Updated Oct 4, 2004

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2005 at 6:58 AM

I bet you didn't go on that Rollercoaster... looks like the one in Texas.. speaking of which.. we have better Cowboys!!!!... big Ol' fellas...lol

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2005 at 2:56 AM

The Sea Life Centre sounds nice, even if I'm not sure I'd like a hands on experience with sharks. And the Water Chute would be great on a hot day like today. Years ago I would have loved it all, now - not so sure, but it's an interesting page.

• basstbn's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2005 at 12:04 PM

Blackpool looks like an "interesting" place I guess. And this yank wants to know if a "brolly" is the same thing as an umbrella...

• into-thin-air's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2005 at 10:11 AM

Oh Yes -- Blackpool -- Some people hate it -- Some Love it -- I personally think it is Great and the Pepsi Max -- Awesome !! -- Great pics -- Great tips -- Great page !!!

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2005 at 2:54 AM

Cowboys, asses, zebras??? And I came looking for the beach! Thank you for sharing.

• CdnJane's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2005 at 10:02 AM

You bring back great memories of visits to Blackpool. Friends were the original owners of the Coronation Rock company, and I enjoyed a number of sticks and cut pieces of the delicious candies.

• Elena_007's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2004 at 2:20 PM

Excellent Blackpool pages! The rides look like fun. :-) One question, though... "What is British rock?" I think I want some...lol ;-) ~Elaine~

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2004 at 9:22 AM

an interesting location and great pics ! To ride this old tram must be a great adventure !

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2003 at 2:52 PM

You must try the Big One if only once, I did and lived to tell the tale, great page but I do love Blackpool, and its rock!!

• TempNomad's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2003 at 1:09 PM

Wow. Blackpool has tons of rides...I'd like to try the wooden roller coaster and compare it to Brooklyn's Cyclone!

bugalugs

“they say travel broadens the mind it said nothing about my hips!”

Badges & Stats in Blackpool

Have you been to Blackpool?

Latest Activity in Blackpool