"Buxton" Top 5 Page for this destination Buxton by bugalugs

Buxton Travel Guide: 84 reviews and 189 photos

Buxton is a town situated in the Peak District National Park in the county of Derbyshire. It is also famous as a spa town.

Surrounded by beautiful countryside, historic homes, lovely limestone buildings and is very much a tourist destination of people from all over the world.

The area is lovely for hikers, walkers, hang gliding is also popular, caving, trails for cycling and climbing.

There is also much to see in the surrounding area one place being Chatsworth House which is the seat of the Duke of Devonshire (see my Edensor page). The Dukes of Devonshire were responsible for a lot of the buildings in Buxton over the years.

A huge park area thats lovely to walk round, or visit the shops, cafe or restaurants.

• Last visit to Buxton: Sep 2005
  • Intro Updated Sep 25, 2005

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2010 at 2:20 AM

Excellent page! I really like the pavillion gardens, and the beautiful buildings in this area.

• Sans70's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2008 at 1:29 PM

Hey Bugalugs, every place I look at there you are, or have been. Where have you not been? I hope you had a nice birthday a couple of weeks ago.

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2007 at 12:49 AM

had another look at your page - will have to get back there soon. My last visit was in my pre-VT days!!

• paulapes's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2007 at 5:55 PM

I'll have the Steak & Ale Pie too! Sounds and looks like a great place to visit, Di---love the photos

• tpk2's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2007 at 8:21 AM

Nice Buxton tips!

• Vulindlela's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2007 at 2:17 PM

Pretty scenery! Thanks for sharing.

• janetanne's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2006 at 1:43 PM

Your tips are so informative and easy to read. It really makes me want to come for a visit to Buxton. I especially love spas!

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2006 at 1:18 AM

Thnks for visiting my pages, Di. I really enjoyed your Buxton page. It's not a part of the Uk I know, but will try to remedy that omission.

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2006 at 10:52 AM

Happy New Year Di - might try this place out tomorow for a visit so thanks for the helpful tips :-)

• aussiejen's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2005 at 2:57 PM

Buxton looks like a lovely place to visit. Maybe one day.......... : )

bugalugs

“they say travel broadens the mind it said nothing about my hips!”

Badges & Stats in Buxton