"Conwy - North Wales" Top 5 Page for this destination Conwy by bugalugs

Conwy Travel Guide: 154 reviews and 592 photos

Conwy is a nice little town situated in North Wales approximately 35 miles south of Liverpool and 35 miles south west of Chester. It is dominated by the castle which was built in the late 1200's by Edward I.

It is hard to imagine looking up at the Castle walls that people actually lived here over 700 years ago!!!! That battles were fought, cannons probably boomed out and arrows flew back and forth to protect this castle.

The castle is the dominant feature in this little town, nestling in the arms of the old walls that at once protected it from invaders. Now its the tourists that invade the place.

• Last visit to Conwy: Feb 2006
  • Intro Updated Feb 25, 2006

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2008 at 11:12 AM

Just come back from Conwy. I hadn't expected the town to be so small!

• MacedonianUK's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2007 at 12:03 PM

Dianne, you seem to go to all my favorite places around Chester!! Conwy is one of my many favorites.On my next trip to visit family , we have to meet for coffe and chat about all this fabulous places. Valentina

• el_ruso's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2006 at 11:04 PM

What a great place! I came across your page by accident, and I never knew that this place exists. I will make sure I see it whenever I have a chance to see England. Thank you for sharing your wonderful photos and all the info.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2006 at 4:44 PM

Lovely stories and marvelous stone buildings. Had a note from a friend saying it was Feast of St.Grwst, patron saint of Llanrwst, Conwy, Wales. His name is ROBERT JONES! His g.g.grandfather lived there. ha h aha wonder if it was the one in the wee house!?

• L._A.'s Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2006 at 10:36 AM

Loved the picture of the castle and the birds-eye view of the street! Lovely job!

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2006 at 7:25 AM

Ah new additions... I love castles.. and this one is sooo old!! I wonder what took him so long to build it!! :-) Interesting updates.. sounds like you need to go back in Summer :-).. Luv the photo in Chester.

• doreenellen's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2006 at 2:46 PM

Top 5 page again, well done Di. lovely photos and helpful information again

• Mar 12, 2006 at 9:26 AM

Nice info and picture......Thank you!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2006 at 8:58 AM

Fabulous page with brilliant photos of this Welsh gem. Brings back many memories of my time in that area. I once stayed a couple of days in lovely Llandudno.... :o)

• olja1234's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2006 at 1:39 PM

Very likable page, Dianne.

bugalugs

“they say travel broadens the mind it said nothing about my hips!”

Badges & Stats in Conwy