Gibraltar Shopping Tips by bugalugs Top 5 Page for this destination

Gibraltar Shopping: 44 reviews and 35 photos

The Silver Shop - Gibraltar

The Silver Shop

The Silver Shop: Jewelry

We were looking for a present for our son's girlfriend and went into the Silver Shop. The range of things for sale was quite extensive.
We bought a beautiful cross and chain really delicate and pretty, she thought so to when we gave it to her,
Prices are wide ranging, but I am sure there is something to suit every pocket. Well worth a visit so many lovely things for sale that you will be spoilt for choice.

275 Main Street

Directions:

Along Main Street from Casemates Square, just before The Governors House

Theme: Jewelry

• Written Jul 16, 2005
Supermarkets - Gibraltar
Safeway and Tesco: Supermarkets

If you want to buy something e.g. food to make a packed lunch instead of paying for food out, there is a Safeway supermarket down near the Marina and on Main Street a small Tesco express.
I popped in there to buy yogurts, fruit juice and the odd bottle of wine :-)

Main Street

• Written Oct 9, 2004
Christmas lights on Main Street - Gibraltar

Christmas lights on Main Street

Duty Free Goods: Fags and Booze Duty Free Goods Review

Besides being cigarettes which are a lot cheaper here (about £9 per 200 carton as opposed to about £45 a 200 carton in the UK), as are spirits, there are also lots of electrical shops, camera/photographic shops, perfume shops and also shops selling crystal and porcelain. All are duty free and as there are quite a few of these shops they must be doing well or else there wouldnt be as many.
There is also a Marks and Spencer a Safewy store which is down near the harbour.
As we were there in late November all the fairy lights were on ready for Christmas.
Not all shops are open on a Sunday.

• Updated Oct 9, 2004
Postcards - Gibraltar
Post Office: Postcards

As we all buy postcards there is nothing worse, well I dont think to buy them in a gift shop and then find they dont sell stamps! However I did manage to find one tiny shop in a side street where they sold stamps. Then its a case of finding a post office.
The Post Office is on Main Street.
Opening hours vary from winter and summer
Approx hours are
Winter
Mon-fri 9.-4.30
Saturday 10-1pm
Summer
Mon-fri 9.2.15pm
Saturday 10-1pm

What to buy:
Postcards are 30p for Europe and 40p outside Europe.

Main Street

Directions:

From Casemates Square, up Main Street and its on the right hand side

• Written Sep 28, 2004
Casements Square - Gibraltar

Casements Square

Sport City: Sports shops

We decided to buy our (then16 year old son) a present. Grief what to buy though......we saw this sports shop and went in for a look around, saw a lovely cardigan type top which was Nike and priced at £72.90!!!!!!! Well after my husband had picked me up off the floor we decided to buy it for him after the 'manager' had told us that it was 'exclusive' and in Marbella were being sold for over £110!!!!!!! I tried to barter with him on price however he wouldnt budge grrrrrr, but in the end my powers of persuasion must have had some effect as he gave us a football! We ended up buying it and would you believe it, yes our son really liked it but has worn it only once as he says it itches!!!!!!!!! Forgetting the presents in future!

78a Main Street

Phone: 350 52999

Theme: Sporting Goods

• Written Sep 25, 2004

bugalugs Visits Here Frequently!

bugalugs

“they say travel broadens the mind it said nothing about my hips!”

Badges & Stats in Gibraltar

Have you been to Gibraltar?

Latest Activity in Gibraltar