Gibraltar Local Custom Tips by bugalugs Top 5 Page for this destination
Gibraltar Local Customs: 46 reviews and 38 photos
That the Rock has featured in some Bond films? Apparently the rock is seen in a scene before the credits in the film 'Living Daylights' starring Timothy Dalton. Its when he tries to escape from an airborne Land Rover by parachute! This part of the scene was film on the Rock, but the second part where it explodes was actually filmed in Eastbourne in the UK.
Also in 'You Only Live Twice' again with Timothy Dalton, he is being buried at sea which is supposed to be in Hong Kong, but this again is in Gibraltar.
Apparently its a place where people want to get married. There are not really any restrictions.
All you need is original birth certificates, passports and if you have been divorced a copy of your decree absolute. And only 24 hours notice is needed.
You can get married at the Registry office or the Botanical Gardens, or even in fact some of the hotels.
You can't obviously just turn up the day before and expect to get married the next day as they could be booked up, you need to make the arrangements beforehand.
The Registry Office is at Joshua Hassan House, Secretary's Lane, which is around the corner from the Tourist Information, Duke of Kent House on Cathedral Square.
The Registry Office doesnt supply witnesses either so you have to take your own or perhaps ask someone you meet there if they will stand for you.
A colleague of mine from work got married here this week!
Phone: 350 72289
It also states free entry for the disabled to the botanical gardens, why this is I dont know because it is free entry to everyone.
The language in Gibraltar is mainly english and spanish, however the Gibraltarian who drove us up the rock said they also speak 'Spanglish' which is a mixture of both!
More Reviews (113)
- See All The Brits
- See All Compare prices
- See All Tarifa
- See All Dolphin Trips
- See All Jewelry
- See All Up a little lane
bugalugs' Related Pages
Gibraltar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gibraltar - The Rock"
- "Gibraltar ......The Rock"
- "A brief history..."
- "Gibraltar - A British Colony"
- "Gibraltar - Home of the Rock"
- "Gibraltar - Still a British Colony"
- "Gibraltar - not the best weather but still great!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gibraltar
- Hotels in Gibraltar
- Transportation in Gibraltar
- Nightlife in Gibraltar
- Restaurants in Gibraltar
- Shopping in Gibraltar
- Warnings and Dangers in Gibraltar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gibraltar
- 118 Reviews
- 117 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Gibraltar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gibraltar
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gibraltar Intro, 118 reviews, 118 photos
- Prague Intro, 86 reviews, 86 photos
- New York City Intro, 83 reviews, 82 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 60 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ronda Intro, 50 reviews, 52 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 50 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buxton Intro, 38 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 43 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 34 reviews, 45 photos
- Chester Intro, 32 reviews, 45 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (58)
- The Town / Main Street- 54 Reviews, 110 Photos
- Caves / Tunnels- 49 Reviews, 94 Photos
- Barbary Apes- 56 Reviews, 97 Photos
- Cable Car- 19 Reviews, 18 Photos
- The Rock- 27 Reviews, 45 Photos
- A View at the Top- 31 Reviews, 47 Photos
- Statues / Monuments / Museums- 29 Reviews, 74 Photos
- Europa Point- 21 Reviews, 55 Photos
- Forts / Batteries / Castles- 34 Reviews, 60 Photos
- Beaches- 5 Reviews, 12 Photos
See All Gibraltar Things to Do