Gibraltar Transportation Tips by bugalugs Top 5 Page for this destination
Gibraltar Transportation: 107 reviews and 97 photos
You can get some cheap deals depending what dates you want.They no longer provide the inclusive meal though and the drinks. Competition with these airlines is so stiff that you are now having to pay £4.00 for the meal. Although it is usually a nice meal. Drinks are extra.
The flight is about 2hr 40 mins from Manchester.
Telephone No. of Monarch in Gibraltar is 350 47477
Headphones given out free for inflight entertainment.
Monarch also fly there everyday from Luton, and British Airways also fly there each day from Gatwick.
Unfortunately Monarch are ending their flights to Gibraltar from July 2006 from Manchester airport. Something to do with landing costs. It maybe that some other airline may pick up this route. We will have to see.
Getting from the airport to Gibraltar, you can either get the bus, taxi (see my other tips) or walk. This involves walking across the airstrip and to the hotel where we stayed its approximately 20 minutes walk.
Phone: 08700 40 50 40
A company offering this is Rent a Bike situated at 36b Waterport Ciricle, Sheppards Marina
Phone: 350 70420
Buy your petrol/diesel on the Gibraltan side though as it is cheaper.
Petrol was 54p a litre
Diesel was 45p a litre
Also parking in Gibraltar isnt too good. Most hotels have some parking spaces for guests. At the Bristol they gave you a sticker to put in your car window in their designated parking spots.
Roadside parking is few and far between, but there are some large car parks on Line Wall Road, and also a multi storey car park near Casemates Square.
Phone: 956 695 315
Type: Car/Motor Home
Taxi's are plentiful as well on Gibraltar. From the airport to the hotel we stayed in it was about £6. But most journies on Gibraltar are approximately £4.00
Gibraltar Tax 350 70027 or 350 70077 24 hours.
In La Linea which is the Spanish town across the border you can catch buses daily to Malaga and Algeciras.
More Reviews (114)
- See All Did you know............
- See All The Brits
- See All Compare prices
- See All Tarifa
- See All Dolphin Trips
- See All Jewelry
bugalugs' Related Pages
Gibraltar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gibraltar - The Rock"
- "Gibraltar ......The Rock"
- "A brief history..."
- "Gibraltar - A British Colony"
- "Gibraltar - Home of the Rock"
- "Gibraltar - Still a British Colony"
- "Gibraltar - not the best weather but still great!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gibraltar
- Hotels in Gibraltar
- Transportation in Gibraltar
- Nightlife in Gibraltar
- Restaurants in Gibraltar
- Shopping in Gibraltar
- Warnings and Dangers in Gibraltar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gibraltar
- 118 Reviews
- 117 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Gibraltar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gibraltar
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gibraltar Intro, 118 reviews, 118 photos
- Prague Intro, 86 reviews, 86 photos
- New York City Intro, 83 reviews, 82 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 60 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ronda Intro, 50 reviews, 52 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 50 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buxton Intro, 38 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 43 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 34 reviews, 45 photos
- Chester Intro, 32 reviews, 45 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (58)
- The Town / Main Street- 54 Reviews, 110 Photos
- Caves / Tunnels- 49 Reviews, 94 Photos
- Barbary Apes- 56 Reviews, 97 Photos
- A View at the Top- 31 Reviews, 47 Photos
- Statues / Monuments / Museums- 29 Reviews, 74 Photos
- Europa Point- 20 Reviews, 50 Photos
- Forts / Batteries / Castles- 34 Reviews, 60 Photos
- The Rock- 26 Reviews, 44 Photos
- Cable Car- 19 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Mosques / Shrines / Churches- 26 Reviews, 41 Photos
See All Gibraltar Things to Do