Gibraltar Warnings Or Dangers Tips by bugalugs Top 5 Page for this destination
Gibraltar Warnings and Dangers: 69 reviews and 52 photos
Me at an outside restaurant
When we visited this time (June 2005) we were sitting in a bar chatting to a british man who had come over from Spain for a few days and he said how expensive the beer was. I then asked whether he had paid sterling or euros and he had paid euros. As I said the exchange rate is awful.
Go up the steps behind the Mosque, across the road and then down the steps on the other side, you then enter the tunnel but it is so dark. It is a one way tunnel for cars so if you are walking from Europa Point they will be coming towards you.
My problem wasnt so much the dark as what might be running around on the floor that I couldnt see, so I stamped my feet loudly as I walked along :-)
They may just jump on your shoulder or head so beware.
When we went up the Rock with the taxi tour the driver was great. These apes are used to and probably know these drivers very well. Our driver told them whose shoulder to go on and when and the apes obeyed the driver.
When we walked to Catalan Bay the pavements were dreadful, covered in dog ****! It was like walking through a mine field. These people ought to be ashamed of themselves.
More Reviews (113)
- See All Did you know............
- See All The Brits
- See All Compare prices
- See All Tarifa
- See All Dolphin Trips
- See All Jewelry
bugalugs' Related Pages
Gibraltar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gibraltar - The Rock"
- "A brief history..."
- "Gibraltar - A British Colony"
- "Gibraltar - Home of the Rock"
- "Gibraltar - Still a British Colony"
- "Gibraltar - not the best weather but still great!"
- "Britannia on the Iberian Peninsula"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gibraltar
- Hotels in Gibraltar
- Transportation in Gibraltar
- Nightlife in Gibraltar
- Restaurants in Gibraltar
- Shopping in Gibraltar
- Warnings and Dangers in Gibraltar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gibraltar
- 118 Reviews
- 117 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Gibraltar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gibraltar
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gibraltar Intro, 118 reviews, 118 photos
- Prague Intro, 86 reviews, 86 photos
- New York City Intro, 83 reviews, 82 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 60 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ronda Intro, 50 reviews, 52 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 50 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buxton Intro, 38 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 43 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 34 reviews, 45 photos
- Chester Intro, 32 reviews, 45 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (58)
- The Town / Main Street- 53 Reviews, 106 Photos
- Caves / Tunnels- 46 Reviews, 79 Photos
- Barbary Apes- 55 Reviews, 92 Photos
- A View at the Top- 30 Reviews, 42 Photos
- The Rock- 26 Reviews, 44 Photos
- Tours - Land / Sea- 39 Reviews, 53 Photos
- Statues / Monuments / Museums- 20 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Europa Point- 18 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Cable Car- 19 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Mosques / Shrines / Churches- 22 Reviews, 23 Photos
See All Gibraltar Things to Do