Gibraltar Warnings Or Dangers Tips by bugalugs Top 5 Page for this destination

Gibraltar Warnings and Dangers: 70 reviews and 52 photos

Me at an outside restaurant - Gibraltar

Me at an outside restaurant

Euros

If you are visiting Gibraltar from Spain and only have Euros you can of course spend these on Gibraltar, however the rate of exchange they give you when you use them in the shops/restaurants/bars is not good. It is much better to use british currency.
When we visited this time (June 2005) we were sitting in a bar chatting to a british man who had come over from Spain for a few days and he said how expensive the beer was. I then asked whether he had paid sterling or euros and he had paid euros. As I said the exchange rate is awful.

• Updated Jul 16, 2005
The Border - Gibraltar

The Border

Money

If you are staying on Gibraltar and only have British money you will need Euros for Spain. At the border in the airport building, although you dont have to go into the actual airport there is a kiosk window where you can change money into Euros. We didnt do this and then found in the bank in La Linea that they wouldnt change our British sterling, consequently we couldnt spend anything in La Linea.

Website: http://%FC%S4%CV%B%Mwww.ayto-lalinea.com

• Written Oct 16, 2004
Tunnel - Gibraltar

Tunnel

A bit dark! Miscellaneous Review

If you want to visit Little Bay from Europa point, you can instead of walking the longer way on the road, cut through a road tunnel.
Go up the steps behind the Mosque, across the road and then down the steps on the other side, you then enter the tunnel but it is so dark. It is a one way tunnel for cars so if you are walking from Europa Point they will be coming towards you.
My problem wasnt so much the dark as what might be running around on the floor that I couldnt see, so I stamped my feet loudly as I walked along :-)

• Written Oct 15, 2004
Monkey business - Gibraltar
Monkey business Barbary Apes Review

Of course everyone wants to see the barbary apes but at the same time be warned that they are wild animals and can bite.
They may just jump on your shoulder or head so beware.
When we went up the Rock with the taxi tour the driver was great. These apes are used to and probably know these drivers very well. Our driver told them whose shoulder to go on and when and the apes obeyed the driver.

• Written Oct 15, 2004
Dogs!

I am a great dog lover, but not always a people lover. Why is it that dog owners cant always clean up after their dogs!
When we walked to Catalan Bay the pavements were dreadful, covered in dog ****! It was like walking through a mine field. These people ought to be ashamed of themselves.

• Written Oct 4, 2004

bugalugs Visits Here Frequently!

bugalugs

“they say travel broadens the mind it said nothing about my hips!”

Badges & Stats in Gibraltar

Have you been to Gibraltar?

Latest Activity in Gibraltar