Gibraltar Tourist Trap Tips by bugalugs Top 5 Page for this destination

Gibraltar Tourist Traps: 34 reviews and 18 photos

Compare prices - Gibraltar
Compare prices Duty Free Goods Review

Be careful when buying electrical goods/cameras etc. We noticed that in a lot of the shop windows prices are not always advertised. We enquiried about a particular camera, knowing exactly how much it was in the UK. Instead of the man just telling us the price, he got out his calculator, tapped away at it then came up with some ludicrous price much more expensive than we could pay in the UK. So dont be fooled. It makes me think that there are prices for the Gibraltarians and prices for the rest of us. Do a bit of bartering if you really want to buy something. Also find out the UK price before hand.

• Written Jan 7, 2006
British Telephone Box - Gibraltar

British Telephone Box

A British Phone Box

These red phone boxes are becoming a thing of the past, and should imagine to some they are collectors items.
I couldnt resist having my pic taken in this one which is in the Botanic Gardens. I wonder how many people besides me have gone in for their picture to be taken.

• Written Oct 21, 2004
The runway and border - Gibraltar

The runway and border

A long wait!!!!

Its not really a tourist trap although you do feel trapped and that is when you are queuing to get over the border. This is not when you are walking, that only takes minutes, but when you have a car. The longest time we queued was one hour and 40 minutes, seemed like a whole day!!!!! The shortest time was about 15 minutes. Queues can form because of the amount of traffic, but also when a plane is landing/taking off as you have to drive across the runway. As there are only about 3 planes a day landing here its not too much of a problem, however when we were there the Royal Air Force with about 12 of their planes were on practice flights and that was one of the main reasons for the long wait.

Unique Suggestions:
Probably best to have a drink in the car and even something to eat.

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Written Sep 27, 2004

bugalugs Visits Here Frequently!

bugalugs

“they say travel broadens the mind it said nothing about my hips!”

Badges & Stats in Gibraltar

Have you been to Gibraltar?

Latest Activity in Gibraltar