Gibraltar Restaurant Tips by bugalugs Top 5 Page for this destination

Gibraltar Restaurants: 79 reviews and 65 photos

Pickwick Bar - Gibraltar

Pickwick Bar

Pickwick Bar: Live Music

We didnt actually eat at this bar, just stopped to sit outside and listen to the live music, which was a guitarist who also sang and a keyboard player. They were very good.
However the lady at the next table asked us were we eating, she had just had a meal and praised the food highly.
Its only a small place yet on a couple of nights of the week they have entertainment.
Wednesday is quiz night.
The night we were there was a friday.
The only problem was it seems to be a bit of a wind tunnel where the tables and chairs are outside, and got quite chilly.

Favorite Dish:
As I said we didnt eat here but I found their menu on the web so the web address below is their menu.

Governors Parade

Opposite the Elliot Hotel

Phone: 76488

Rating: 0

• Updated Apr 4, 2011
The Clipper - Gibraltar

The Clipper

The Clipper: A wide variety

We visited this bar/restaurant last year when we went to Gibraltar, enjoyed it and returned again this year.
A nice varied menu and prices are reasonable.
TV's dotted about the place.
Staff were very nice.As it is on a narrow lane there is not a seating area outside.

Visited here again in June 2005 and November 2005 and we are never disappointed.
I think a lot of people who visit Gibraltar especially the day trippers tend to walk straight up Main Street and eat along there somewhere instead of nipping down the little alleys. If you visit Gibraltar try the Clipper.

Favorite Dish:
We have had various meals here, pasta, fish, chicken all of which were very good.

The meals here are real value for money. One evening I didnt feel hungry enough to warrant ordering a meal so had a bowl of soup with crusty bread and it was lovely.

Breakfasts here can be purchased all day and I think about £3.95 which is very good value.
Main courses are approximately £6.00 per head which again is good as the portions are plenty and the food lovely.

I would certainly recommend this place.

78 Irish Town

Directions:

From Casemates Square head up Main Street, you can take variour turnings on the right hand side, either Parliament Lane or Tuckers Lane, both of which lead into Irish Town

Phone: 350 79791

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Updated Jan 3, 2006
Lovely meals - Gibraltar
The Little Rock: Lovely meals

We ate at this restaurant sitting outside in Casemates square although there are plenty of tables inside as well.

We returned to this restaurant yet again on our November 2005 visit. However we sat inside as it was rather chilly outside.

In fact Manchester United were on the tv screen so we watched that as we ate our meal.
Portions are very big here and I was glad I hadnt had a starter as I would never have managed to eat a main course also.

Its just a suggestion but if you do fancy a starter and there are two of you, then share.

Favorite Dish:
I had chicken fajitas which cost £8.25 and my husband had steak which was about £12.00.
The prices arnt particularly cheap but the meal was really nice.
However you dont have to eat, on our last visit we just sat and had a cool drink.

5 Casemate Square

Phone: 51977

• Updated Jan 3, 2006
Aragon Bar: Up a little lane

Cannot really remember what we had here but typically british food. I can remember though that the staff were very nice.The place is quite small and tables line along the small lane.

15 Bell Lane

Directions:

Heading up Main Street from Casemates Square, Bell Lane is off on the left hand side.

Phone: 78855

The Ship - Gibraltar

The Ship

The Ship: Down by the Harbour

There are a few restaurants to choose from by the harbour, we chose the Ship.
Lovely friendly staff and a lovely view of the boats bobbing in the water about 10 feet away from where you are sitting, watching the sun going down.

Favorite Dish:
My husband had Steak and Kidney Pie, chips, peas and gravy he likes to be adventerous with his eating habits when he is away hahahaha. That cost £5.95 and he said it was great!
I had a Chicken Zinger Burger, with salad and chips, it was really nice. That was £5.50
The service was very good.

Marina Bay

Comparison: less expensive than average

The Piccadilly - Gibraltar

The Piccadilly

The Piccadilly: Not a substantial meal!!

We stopped here for a late lunch. Quite a bit out door seating area, with parasols to shade you from the sun.

Favorite Dish:
We both had Spanish Omlette with salad, it cost £5.50 each however it wasnt very big, came with a tiny bit of salad on the plate and that was it. I thought compared to some places it was expensive for what it was.
Burgers were from £4.00
Steaks were from £8.00

3b Rosia Road

Directions:

From Main Street heading away from Casemates Square it is out of the city walls on the road to Europa Point.
Opposite the Queens Hotel

Phone: 75758

Casemate Square - Gibraltar

Casemate Square

Cannon Bar: Friendly staff

Quite a small place tucked into a corner but very nice and friendly staff.

Favorite Dish:
We both had burgers, salad and french fries, and it was really nice and a very generous helping, washed down by a couple of glasses of wine, well you have to be sociable :-)

27 Cannon Lane

Directions:

From Casemates Square head up Main Street and Cannon Lane is on the left hand side

Phone: 350 77288

Star Bar - Gibraltar

Star Bar

Star Bar: Miss the fish!

It was pouring down and we dashed into this little pub down a side street that says it is the oldest bar in Gibraltar.
Quite a small bar, perhaps about 10 tables. TV and a couple of slot machines.

Favorite Dish:
We both had fish and chips as they advertised the fish was fresh. It probably was but I didnt like it at all. It was in batter which was fine but it had not been skinned and I hate fish with the skin still on. It also tasted of the sea!!!!! so salty not to my taste at all.

12 Parliament Lane

Directions:

From Casemates square, up Main Street not very far and Parliament Lane is on the right hand side. The pub is on the right hand side as you go down not very far as the lane is quite small.

Phone: 350 75924

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

The harbour, me and the restaurant area - Gibraltar

The harbour, me and the restaurant area

Overlooking the Marina: A bit classier

By the Marina you will find some lovely restaurants, probably a bit more expensive than along Main Street area. Lovely views of the marina and the boats and watching the sun going down. Seating inside and also outside with awnings over the outside areas.
We didnt actually eat at any of them as the night we wondered along here we had already eaten. But on our next visit we certainly will.

The Marina

Rating: 0

Theme: Other

Trafalgar Sports Bar - Gibraltar

Trafalgar Sports Bar

Trafalgar Sports Bar: Didnt like the tomatos

Another bar/restaurant that had lots of tv's all featuring sport. Quite a big place, but no eating facilities outside.
We went in here just once for breakfast.

Favorite Dish:
We had the usual english breakfast but instead of grilled tomatos were given tinned tomatos which I am not particularly struck on, too much juice as well which seemed to soak into everything on the plate.Even though I wasnt particularly pleased with the breakfast it wouldnt put me off trying other meals there if I ever visited Gibraltar again.

1a Rosia Road

Directions:

From Casemates Square walk along Main Street to the very end, under the old walls and you get the Trafalgar Cemetary on the left hand side. Just further up the road is the Trafalgar Bar

Phone: 350 77550

• Updated Sep 28, 2004

bugalugs Visits Here Frequently!

bugalugs

“they say travel broadens the mind it said nothing about my hips!”

Badges & Stats in Gibraltar

Have you been to Gibraltar?

Latest Activity in Gibraltar