"Gibraltar - The Rock" Top 5 Page for this destination Gibraltar by bugalugs

Gibraltar Travel Guide: 1,135 reviews and 2,284 photos

My Gibraltar page will consist of photographs from our weekend there in November 2003 and also again when we visited August 2004 for 5 days, and now again in June 2005. Consequently, some pics are a bit dull, as in November there was so much rain, and we felt we had to return to see it with some sun!

At the tip of Europe and facing the Atlas Mountains across in Africa, Gibraltar is a familar sight with its hugh rock formation. The rocks composition is of jurassic limestone which is over 200 million years old!

This photograph is taken from the Rock looking out over Spain and Andalucia.

Gibraltar is renown for its barbery apes. I think we humans are more interested in seeing them as they are of seeing us! Its as if his expression is saying 'what are you staring at'!!!Geoff Wright said he likes the main pic of me on the Rock, but he prefers the one of me with the fur coat!!!!! :-))))) Thanks Geoff

• Pros:A bit of England with sun (usually)
  • In a nutshell:Very English but with sun!
  • Last visit to Gibraltar: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 19, 2006

• eriksson977's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2009 at 8:29 AM

Hello Dianne, Outstanding pages. Thanks for the virtual tour. Tomas Eriksson :)

• Apr 24, 2009 at 8:10 AM

Bus every twenty minutes for under a £1.

• Jul 31, 2008 at 5:13 PM

THE CLIPPER dissapointed in the service. booked for birthday balloons 1mth twice arrived no balloons no booking. nobody mentioned of paying deposit. insect in food. some dishes good portion others small. very disapointed .

• TheLongTone's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2006 at 1:24 AM

That runway is just the scariest to fly into with the approach over the bay of Algeciras! Loved it!

• hello3001's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2006 at 5:49 AM

Thank you very much for the information about Gibraltar! We are going to visit Gibraltar soon and the info you give is very helpful. Lots of regards! Barbara

• paulapes's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2006 at 11:46 AM

Oh you poor dear, having to drink that pint of sangria...I feel for you! :-) Great pages, Di...

• Homer_Simpson32's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2006 at 3:16 PM

I am from Gibraltar and must say that your travelpages for Gibraltar are extremely complete. I will try to improve mine, probably when the summer is over! Beach is too good just now! Read my transport tip on new airline it might interest you.

• iris2002's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2006 at 11:13 AM

HA - I have a job interview in Gibraltar and hope to trade rainy and cold England for sunnier climates soon --- MUST print out all your info - VERY cool and will come in handy ;)

• masc4s's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2006 at 4:27 AM

Great restaurant tips Di. I can see I'd never go hungry in Gib, if l could get across the border :-)! Very, very good OTBT tips. I'm going to try and make it back there this year.

• DaDrifter's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2005 at 8:32 AM

Wonderful read ! Thanks for an insightful tour of Gibraltar ... and that is one very tall glass of Sangria :)

bugalugs Visits Here Frequently!

bugalugs

“they say travel broadens the mind it said nothing about my hips!”

Badges & Stats in Gibraltar

Have you been to Gibraltar?

Latest Activity in Gibraltar