"Southport - Merseyside" Top 5 Page for this destination Southport by bugalugs
Southport Travel Guide: 125 reviews and 272 photos
Unfortunately Southport in my opinion has always been overshadowed by Blackpool a little further north along the coast.
Yet Southport is quite a nice place, victorian shopping arcades, miles of beaches, amusement park, lovely lake and gardens. Its a very open front with the lake and gardens.
- Pros:Its smartening itself up
- Cons:A long walk to have a paddle
- In a nutshell:Not an alternative to Blackpool
The Botanic Gardens has a banqueting hall, restaurant/cafe, gardens, a lake with boat hire, childrens playground, aviary... more travel advice
Red squirrels have been on the decline in the UK since the more dominant grey squirrel was introduced from the USA. But... more travel advice
bugalugs' Related Pages
Southport Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Southport - Merseyside"
- "England’s Classic Resort!"
- "Sunny Southport"
- "An afternoon at the seaside"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Southport
- Hotels in Southport
- Transportation in Southport
- Nightlife in Southport
- Restaurants in Southport
- Shopping in Southport
- Warnings and Dangers in Southport
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Southport
- 19 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Southport?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Southport
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gibraltar Intro, 118 reviews, 118 photos
- Prague Intro, 86 reviews, 86 photos
- New York City Intro, 83 reviews, 82 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 60 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ronda Intro, 50 reviews, 52 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 50 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buxton Intro, 38 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 43 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 34 reviews, 45 photos
- Chester Intro, 32 reviews, 45 photos