"Southport - Merseyside" Top 5 Page for this destination Southport by bugalugs

Southport Travel Guide: 125 reviews and 272 photos

Southport

I have had many days out at Southport since I was a little girl, with my parents, on school day trips and with my husband and son.

Unfortunately Southport in my opinion has always been overshadowed by Blackpool a little further north along the coast.

Yet Southport is quite a nice place, victorian shopping arcades, miles of beaches, amusement park, lovely lake and gardens. Its a very open front with the lake and gardens.

But where's the sea???

Southport lies on the North West coast of England, with over 20 miles of beaches, its just that sometimes you can visit and never see the Irish Sea because the tide goes out that far!

Shopping

Southport is very popular for its shops, some of which are quite expensive. I particularly like the Victorian glass canopies over the shop fronts.

• Pros:Its smartening itself up
  • Cons:A long walk to have a paddle
  • In a nutshell:Not an alternative to Blackpool
  • Last visit to Southport: Jun 2003
  • Intro Updated Oct 19, 2004

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2005 at 12:00 PM

was here today Dianne and enjoyed Churchown too - a delightful village ;-)

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2004 at 11:52 AM

This looks like a fun place to visit, with the fair, the pier, miniature golf - even the shops.

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2004 at 3:18 PM

Where did the sea go.. looks like Texas :-).. Sure looks like the Males have a ball.. I would have been in those Go Carts tho'. I love the Lake area, looks really pretty.

• Daja123's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2004 at 9:56 AM

You showed us lovely places and very interesting details. I see there is also a lot of history and pleasant memories. Thanks so much for your visit to my Slovenia pages. Regards!!!

• mustertal's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2004 at 2:08 PM

It's been many years since I visted the Pleasure beach in Southport. I love your name,my dad always called me that when I was a liitle girl.

bugalugs

“they say travel broadens the mind it said nothing about my hips!”

Badges & Stats in Southport

Have you been to Southport?

Latest Activity in Southport