"Whitby" Whitby by bugalugs
Whitby Travel Guide: 354 reviews and 740 photos
The harbour which lies at the mouth of the River Esk is a busy port for pleasure and commercial boats.
The town is very hilly, with lovely narrow cobbled streets, and when we visited it was bustling with tourists.
There is an abundance of all types of holiday accommodations, including, hotels, guest houses, Bed & Breakfasts, and camp sites.
As you wonder round you would never grow hungry, as nearly every other building is a cafe, restaurant or pub. Souvenir shops are also in abundance.
Whitby is also known for its historic ruined abbey which stands majestically on the cliff top overlooking the bay.
Captain Cook famous for his exploration on the high seas also lived in Whitby.
- Pros:A lovely place to explore
- Cons:Very Hilly
Not only can you have a paddle on the beach here but apparently you can also find black jet. It is used for making... more travel advice
This cafe is so popular that you can queue for such a long time. When we visited Whitby we have been told to eat here as... more travel advice
bugalugs' Related Pages
Whitby Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "East Coast Seaside Town"
- "Whistlestop tour of Whitby"
- "Whitby - Candyfloss and Gambling Halls"
- "I live near here"
- "Wandering Through Whitby"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Whitby
- Hotels in Whitby
- Transportation in Whitby
- Nightlife in Whitby
- Restaurants in Whitby
- Shopping in Whitby
- Warnings and Dangers in Whitby
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Whitby
- 17 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 33 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Whitby?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Whitby
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gibraltar Intro, 118 reviews, 118 photos
- Prague Intro, 86 reviews, 86 photos
- New York City Intro, 83 reviews, 82 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 60 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ronda Intro, 50 reviews, 52 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 50 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buxton Intro, 38 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 43 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 34 reviews, 45 photos
- Chester Intro, 32 reviews, 45 photos