"Albufeira and surrounding area" Top 5 Page for this destination Albufeira by bugalugs
Albufeira Travel Guide: 463 reviews and 696 photos
It has approximately 350,000 permanent in habitants but during the summer time when tourists invade this number can exceed 1,000.000
The old EN125 main road which runs along the coast has partially been renewed by a new dual carriageway. It starts at the Spanish border and stretches to the north of Albufeira which then links with the main road to Lisbon.
Away from the coast are the foothills which lead to the highest point Foia which is 902 mts., above the village of Monchique. This mountain area is known for the layers of Roman terraces with granite stone walls. From this region also comes the locally brewed drink 'Medronho.
- Pros:Easy to get away from the crowds
We liked the old town of Albufeira very much. Winding cobbled streets, pavement cafes and restaurants. A place where... more travel advice
Zoo Marine also has parrot shows, exotic birds, turtles, alligators and sharks. There is a small fairground, with rides... more travel advice
bugalugs' Related Pages
Albufeira Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MATIM's new Portugal Page"
- "albufeira, algarve"
- "Albufeira and surrounding area"
- "THE ALGARVE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Albufeira
- Hotels in Albufeira
- Transportation in Albufeira
- Nightlife in Albufeira
- Restaurants in Albufeira
- Shopping in Albufeira
- Warnings and Dangers in Albufeira
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Albufeira
- 17 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 88 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Albufeira?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Albufeira
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gibraltar Intro, 118 reviews, 118 photos
- Prague Intro, 86 reviews, 86 photos
- New York City Intro, 83 reviews, 82 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 60 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ronda Intro, 50 reviews, 52 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 50 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buxton Intro, 38 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 43 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 34 reviews, 45 photos
- Chester Intro, 32 reviews, 45 photos