"Cadiz" Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz by bugalugs

Cadiz Travel Guide: 600 reviews and 1,239 photos

Cadiz is supposed to be one of the oldest cities in Euorpe dating back at far as 1100BC, although most of the construction here is of the 18th and 19th century. Some beautiful buildings and we were so glad we had decided on visiting here, albeit for only a few hours.

We had flown into Gibraltar but hired a car and wanted to visit a few places in Andalucia. We also visited Tarifa on our way along the coast to Cadiz.

Given that it was halfway through November, the weather was quite nice, although a bit windy in certain areas.

• Last visit to Cadiz: Nov 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 7, 2006

• Aug 20, 2009 at 3:50 AM

Must be a great historical city! Great pictures from old buildings and castle! Also lovely picture of the Poniente Tower!

• masc4s's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2006 at 1:52 PM

I hadn't considered Cadiz for a visit but l'll add it to my list. Poor old Alfonso but great architecture. Trust you to vist the tobacco factory... hahaha!!!

• maykal's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2006 at 2:22 PM

Well you managed to pack a lot into those few hours! If only my dad had become an accountant in Cadiz rather than birmingham, I could have a house like that!! :@P

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2006 at 2:46 AM

What an amazing city... I love the architecture, your photos are fabulous. Just as well that tobacco factory has closed:-) Excellent coverage Di, wonderful history.

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2006 at 2:39 PM

Awesome Cadiz page, Di! Where are the restaurant tips? You must not like seafood!

• Donnylass's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2006 at 12:41 PM

Brilliant pages - I've never been to Cadiz or Gib and they are now definitely on my "must visit" list!

• hojasdehierba's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2006 at 11:06 AM

You have added more good tips. I was living in Cadiz when James Bond movie was being filmed and it was a kind of revolution :)))). Cheers.

• birchy99's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2006 at 4:31 PM

Di, we need a pix of Wayne with the monkey on his head!!! Where was the camera?? Mart

• BerniShand's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2006 at 2:12 PM

great pages Di, this looks like our sort of place, perhaps for our next Ryanair trip

• Hopkid's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2006 at 1:48 PM

Great tips on Cadiz! It will surely be a Top 5 page in no time! Congrats! ~ Andy

bugalugs

“they say travel broadens the mind it said nothing about my hips!”

Badges & Stats in Cadiz