"IBIZA" Ibiza by bugalugs
Ibiza Travel Guide: 736 reviews and 1,628 photos
We decided to book a holiday on the last minute and the only holiday we could get was to Ibiza, not exactly my first choice. This was a little daunting as the place most associated with Ibiza was San Antonio which because of all the publicity, conjoured up lager louts and discos playing loud music until 6.00am when the parties then continue on the streets. Not exactly my idea of a relaxing break away from the stresses and strains of work (and weather) in the U.K!
We also did not even know of our final destination (ie apartments and resort) until we landed at Ibiza airport.
How wrong could I be. We actually stayed in a resort called Sagamassa which actually was no more than a village, with a few of hotels, an assortment of apartments, a few restaurants and a couple of shops.
Just over a mile away is the very lively resort of Es cana, which as lots of bars/restaurants and entertainment. We did walk into Es cana along a country road, but in the dark it is not advisable as there are no street lights. Buses were also very infrequent. If you have no transport it is probably advisable to get a taxi.
Ibiza has it all really, besides the sun of course. You can find beaches with hardly a person there, or the hustle and bustle of places like San Antonio.
We hired a car for our second week to enable us to get out and about more, and we saw quite a lot of the island that we would have not been able to see using public transport.
- In a nutshell:Not just for disco diva's - a family island also!
One place I had heard of before going to Ibiza was Portinax. It was here that some scenes for the film 'South Pacific'... more travel advice
Not being brave myself, all I could manage was to sit on this blow up jet ski!!! more travel advice
bugalugs' Related Pages
Ibiza Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Madness and Mayhem"
- "Island of Ibiza or Eivissa"
- "Mindblowing holidays!"
- "IBIZA..HAS ALL YOU COULD EXPECT"
- "IBIZA AGAIN, MORE FUN IN THE SUN!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ibiza
- Hotels in Ibiza
- Transportation in Ibiza
- Nightlife in Ibiza
- Restaurants in Ibiza
- Shopping in Ibiza
- Warnings and Dangers in Ibiza
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ibiza
- 27 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Ibiza?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ibiza
Photos in IbizaSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gibraltar Intro, 118 reviews, 118 photos
- Prague Intro, 86 reviews, 86 photos
- New York City Intro, 83 reviews, 82 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 60 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ronda Intro, 50 reviews, 52 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 50 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buxton Intro, 38 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 43 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 34 reviews, 45 photos
- Chester Intro, 32 reviews, 45 photos