"IBIZA" Ibiza by bugalugs

Ibiza Travel Guide: 738 reviews and 1,630 photos

Ibiza, one of the Balearic Islands, is situated in the Mediterranean.

We decided to book a holiday on the last minute and the only holiday we could get was to Ibiza, not exactly my first choice. This was a little daunting as the place most associated with Ibiza was San Antonio which because of all the publicity, conjoured up lager louts and discos playing loud music until 6.00am when the parties then continue on the streets. Not exactly my idea of a relaxing break away from the stresses and strains of work (and weather) in the U.K!

We also did not even know of our final destination (ie apartments and resort) until we landed at Ibiza airport.

How wrong could I be. We actually stayed in a resort called Sagamassa which actually was no more than a village, with a few of hotels, an assortment of apartments, a few restaurants and a couple of shops.

Just over a mile away is the very lively resort of Es cana, which as lots of bars/restaurants and entertainment. We did walk into Es cana along a country road, but in the dark it is not advisable as there are no street lights. Buses were also very infrequent. If you have no transport it is probably advisable to get a taxi.

Ibiza has it all really, besides the sun of course. You can find beaches with hardly a person there, or the hustle and bustle of places like San Antonio.

We hired a car for our second week to enable us to get out and about more, and we saw quite a lot of the island that we would have not been able to see using public transport.

• In a nutshell:Not just for disco diva's - a family island also!
  • Last visit to Ibiza: Jul 1999
  • Intro Updated Mar 2, 2003

Travelogues (1)

• tessy's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2006 at 12:43 PM

:-) Had to watch your pics. AKwill go there next week. Oh, and Joe still looks like a small boy!

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2005 at 5:26 PM

I really like St. Eulalia aswell, perfect place to go for a short break!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2005 at 9:52 AM

Ibiza is a lovely destination for a family holiday your page brought back nice memories when we took or then young sons there. Nice page & pictures

• Oct 24, 2004 at 10:01 AM

I heard many fantastic tales about the place. Some day I should go here

• Aug 15, 2004 at 4:22 AM

Great to see some tips about Ibiza not based on Club 18 - 30 holidays and teenagers going for the usual sun, sea, and sex holidays! Hippy market certainly sounds interesting! Great pages on a place I'd love to visit again :-)

• whitecliff62's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2003 at 1:16 PM

Shame on you, sitting on a blow up jet ski hehehehehehehe.

• GypsyBessie's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2003 at 1:30 AM

Lovely Ibiza pages - we think Ibiza is a wonderful place to go to and not the "den of iniquity" some people think. I must finish my Ibiza page with more pics.

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2003 at 4:15 AM

good to see real pictures of a place i had read of in the 60s ;-)))

• joefred28's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2003 at 8:07 PM

Great page with beautiful photos.

• BerniShand's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2003 at 6:32 AM

Great tips Di, we went to Ibiza a long time ago, good to know there are still some quiet places there

bugalugs

“they say travel broadens the mind it said nothing about my hips!”

Badges & Stats in Ibiza