"Ronda" Top 5 Page for this destination Ronda by bugalugs

Ronda Travel Guide: 511 reviews and 1,389 photos

Ronda is situated in Andalucia. Its in a region called the Serrania de Ronda and is the only city.

Besides fantastic scenery, Ronda has lots of history, churches, a deep gorge, a famous bridge, restaurants, cafes and shops. Quaint tiny streets that have to be explored. As well as the oldest bullring in Spain.

The only drawback in my opinion is the drive through the mountains to get there. The road is very narrow and winds its way up to Ronda, with hair raising drops into the valley. Not my kind of thing. I tried closing my eyes but it was worse a bit like being on one of those roller coasters thats in a black tunnel!

It is also a very busy touristy place, they seem to get everywhere :-)

I remember first reading about this place on Geoff Wrights Ronda page, and first of all thinking how lovely it looked but as I dont like heights at all never thought I would ever go here. But when the opportunity arose as we were staying in Gibraltar and had hired a car we decided to visit here, I was so glad we did.

• Pros:So much to see
  • Cons:Didnt like the drive up there!
  • In a nutshell:Glad we went
  • Last visit to Ronda: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated May 30, 2005

• Feb 22, 2012 at 9:49 PM

We were in Ronda in February 2009 and loved it. The drive was winding but the scenary was beautiful. One regret I have is not purchasing a coat that I really liked. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the shop that sold men's & women's coats. I haven't been able to find it online either. Hope to make it back there in the near future.

• eriksson977's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2010 at 4:58 AM

Ronda is amazingly beautiful as illustrated from your outstanding images. Tomas Eriksson :)

• oceania26's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2007 at 9:29 AM

Excellent information on Ronda...very helpful and informative...thanks!

• 1courage's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2007 at 2:38 PM

Lol. Ronda in my language means ugly. But this place isn`t ugly at all! On the contrary. The town with all those bridges, the environment look stupendous! Thank you for these great tips and pics!

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2007 at 10:55 PM

Hi Diana, what a refreshing page. I loved reading your tips ;-)

• lomi's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2006 at 7:14 AM

I enjoyed your Ronda pages and was wondering where you got the information about Dona Margarita of Austria being the widow of Don Jaun. I was so fascinated I have been searching the 'net' for information. But without much luck.

• songlines's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2006 at 11:55 PM

Hi Dianne, you brought back fond memories of Ronda to me this morning! Enjoyed your pages and photos, thank you. Greetings from West Cork.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2006 at 3:50 AM

Dianne, I just had to say that this is a superb page on Ronda. I have been here twice and just can't get enough of this beautiful place. Your tips and pics are awesome. Well done.

• alucas's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2006 at 8:14 AM

A very comprehensive and interesting page - brings it all back to me - now I must find my photos of our visit from a few years ago.

• TinKan's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2005 at 10:30 AM

Hope you have a wonderful New Year and may all of your travel dreams come true. Enjoy life with all that it has to offer.

bugalugs

“they say travel broadens the mind it said nothing about my hips!”

Badges & Stats in Ronda