"Welcome to bugalugs HomePage" bugalugs's Profile

Hi to anyone who passes this way and reads my homepage.

Its Friday 13th May 2005 and its been a lucky day for me no matter what the date is, I have just had a lovely visit from vt member Marty and his wife Joanne (Birchy99) who landed in Manchester and visited my home for a few hours. It was wonderful to see them and a pleasure to have them in my home. See my travelogue

I cant believe its over 4 years since I read about Virtual Tourist in a National Newspaper and decided as we were planning a trip to Orlando to pay vt a visit and ask some questions. And the rest they say is history. Like a lot of members I became hooked.

The photograph was taken in the winter in Lyme Park on my Disley page.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

In Derbyshire probably only about a 45 minute drive from Disley is a small village called Eyam where in 1665 the Black Plague was carried by a merchant and many of the villagers died. Morbid it may be, but a very interesting place to visit non the less.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

I like different kinds of architecture, Eyam is a village and very cottagey, whereas Port Sunlight on the Wirral. although not a village anymore, but still such an interesting place, built by Lord Lever for his workers.

Washington DC

Our visit to Washington DC in 2002 was made extra special by meeting vt member soccergrrl (Dorothy) and her husband. They took us out for a meal and drove us around Washington DC in the evening to see it lit up. Thanks to both of them for making this trip extra special.

Zurich

In Zurich we met Elisabeth (vt member Rebibi) and her husband Remo, such lovely people who took us up into the hills to a restaurant overlooking Zurich. Thank you Elisabeth and Remo for making our weekend in your country special.

Home!!!!!

A vt member who we have had the pleasure of meeting twice is Laura (Hayward68) unfortunately it wasnt in her home town of Toronto :-(. She was visiting our part of the North West of England and she came to our home and had a meal and lived to tell the tale :-)). Well it cant have been too bad because she came again to see us. You are always welcome Laura.

Home again!

In August this year a fairly new vt member wrote to me asking me details about Lyme Hall as she wanted to visit. This is vt member Ines28 who comes from Germany. We offered to pick Ines and her friend up from their hotel and take them then, we then picked them up afterwards and brought them to our house for a meal, and also we met up again the following day.
It was lovely to meet you Ines and your friend Sonja, hopefully some time in the future we can meet again.
Click here to view Ines page about Lyme Hall
Not that there is any competition here, I too have a page on Disley

Interesting Places

We recently visited Gibraltar, although I havent quite finished that page. Whilst there we hired a car and went into Spain visiting Ronda which was such a lovely place and very interesting.
Last year we visited Virginia visiting a few different places, including Yorktown, a really lovely village, and Williamsburg which was once the capitol of Virginia and where the locals/actors are dressed in 18th century costume.

California

Probably one of the most memorable holidays I have had was when we went to California. We visited San Francisco, Carmel, Monterey, Los Angeles, Hollywood, Santa Monica, Huntington Beach, San Diego, San Luis Obispo and even popped over the Mexican border into Tijuana. I just wish we had had more time.

New York

We had never been to New York until February 2002 and since then we have been another two times. Our first visit was just myself and my husband. But since then we have taken our son and his friend.
Here we are in Times Square.

• Intro Updated May 30, 2005

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
bugalugs's Profile Photo

bugalugs

“they say travel broadens the mind it said nothing about my hips!”

Real Name