"Travel Related Pet Peeve" vanessamumbai's Profile

Travel in India

India has so much to offer but one has to take precautions. This is something I have learnt from going around in India :

What you see and research is not necessarily what you get. For eg. No peace from touts; I never knew that I could get so pissed by an endless stream of touts until I visited Gulmarg, Kashmir. And the lies I was told about the ski rental services were just unacceptable. I've learnt not to trust what I am told.

Another example is the hotel ratings - a hotel claimed to be rated 4stars, but when we check on the rooms, the carpets are musky and stained, sheets are dirty, pillows smell of oil. For those of us not used to these things, it really is impossible to live in. So I have learnt my lesson, always check out the place before confirming my booking as much as possible.

• Intro Written Nov 29, 2010

• mehulraj's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2012 at 4:02 AM

You are absolutely true about travelling in India.Even bad things happens to us who live in india. And I did not find any good website for hotel booking yet.All are scams they pay someone to write good review about their hotel.
    Anyways but there r brighter side too...

• sdq's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2012 at 2:42 PM

I'll be in Singapore in the end of may which type of clothing should i bring and which places should I visit.

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2011 at 5:07 AM

Please visit my Kashmir pages, though it's not completed yet. But hope you shall enjoy. Yes, I agree with your views about Kashmir. I shall have many tips on that.

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2010 at 1:06 AM

So you are coming to Israel? Great!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!