"Travel Related Pet Peeve" vanessamumbai's Profile
India has so much to offer but one has to take precautions. This is something I have learnt from going around in India :
What you see and research is not necessarily what you get. For eg. No peace from touts; I never knew that I could get so pissed by an endless stream of touts until I visited Gulmarg, Kashmir. And the lies I was told about the ski rental services were just unacceptable. I've learnt not to trust what I am told.
Another example is the hotel ratings - a hotel claimed to be rated 4stars, but when we check on the rooms, the carpets are musky and stained, sheets are dirty, pillows smell of oil. For those of us not used to these things, it really is impossible to live in. So I have learnt my lesson, always check out the place before confirming my booking as much as possible.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 8 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 2 Countries
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- Wrote a Review Choose carefully the season and weather to go in Matheran Things to Do
- Posted in Travel Selva di Val Gardena Forum "Re: Public transport from/to Val..."
- created a Udaipur Travel Page "Romantic And Peaceful Udaipur"
created their Profile Page "Travel Related Pet Peeve"
Top 5 Pages
- Jaipur 2 reviews
- Matheran 2 reviews
- Top 5 Page for this destination Udaipur Intro, 2 reviews
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaprun 1 review
- Kollam 1 review
No friends yet.