"I Live Here- Bankstown!" Bankstown by RamSter

Bankstown Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 219 photos

My Home- Bankstown

I live around 2 minutes away from the Small City of Bankstown. Around 20 minute drive to Sydney.

I have lived in the Bankstown area for a very long time. I am well adjusted to it, although Bankstown is a "Western" suburb (Not highly praised area)- it isn't as bad as it seems.

Bankstown is a pretty cool mini city. It's got its own China-Town- some great parks. A Nice big library, a large Shopping Centre, lots of Transport though one bad reputation with the area is that its Crime Ridden .

Sure it isn't as lush as Sydneys Northern Suburbs. I mean it is a very concreted area, with a large majority of people coming from China, Lebanon, Greece. It's Multiculturism adds to the flavour of the place.

I wont call Bankstown a Tourist "Hot Spot" or anything of the like. Though it is an area that is pretty good to live in or rent in. It's cheap and is very convinient being close to the city and i love it.

• Pros:A good, cheap place to live, Very Multicultural, Close To Sydney, Great Transport.
  • Cons:Crime - Much To Be Desired For, Traffic Issues.
  • In a nutshell:Bankstown isn't really Tourist Worthy, though it doesn't deserve it's bad reputation.
  • Intro Written Sep 10, 2002

• MikeStarr5's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2007 at 3:22 AM

Lots of 5 star tips and excellent pics - Well Done - Happy Birthday from Mike and Shelley in the forgotten part of London - "Barking Town"

• craic's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2006 at 6:44 AM

i've just made my first trip to bankstown

• Maximilian21's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2005 at 10:10 PM

Pure class mate, go the doggies. one love

• Dec 11, 2004 at 2:49 AM

OMG Ramster, you are scareing me, where was this taken? I grew up in Bankstown. What about the tunnel (2) where's that? Your photos are really cool. Could you e me a pic of the graveyard one, I can't work out the blown up bit. Exbassygirl

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2002 at 3:49 PM

Hey Ramey!! Spent lots of wonderful shopping hours there :o) And we saw Flinstones at the Cinema lol!!!

RamSter

“Oh The Humanity!”

Badges & Stats in Bankstown

Have you been to Bankstown?

Latest Activity in Bankstown