"Valery - writer and photograher" ValeryCollins's Profile

About me

When I realised I could spend my entire working life in an office I grabbed the opportunity to work as a tour leader and for the last 14 years I have been to the most amazing places and had some wonderful experiences. I have also had some real disaster.
I started writing about my experiences and taking photographs of the places I visited and I have written two books. The first, Spirit of the Dolomites is about my favourite place in the whole world - Madonna di Campiglio - great for skiing in the winter and fabulous for walking in the summer.
My second book, My India, relates a very different experience as India is as much about the people as it is about the place.
I am now working on a third book about Italy - this will include chapters about Venice, Verona and surrounding area, Ischia, Lake Garda, Palinuro and Campgania, Tuscany, Sicily and also back to Madonna di Campiglio.

• Intro Updated Dec 18, 2012

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2011 at 10:23 AM

Hi Valerie. I always keep a journal so I remember what the pictures are. It also helps to photograph an entrance sign or other identifying sign at the attraction to jog one's memory. Good luck with your writing.

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2011 at 5:36 AM

I have photos in which I cannot even recognise the town it was taken in. Now I try to remember to take something with the name of the place written on it!

• hawkhead's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2011 at 5:27 AM

Perhaps rule number one for a writer or a photographer would be to make notes!

• Sjalen's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2010 at 1:07 AM

Welcome to VT! Looking forward to seeing future pages :)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
ValeryCollins's Profile Photo

ValeryCollins

“every place and every person has a story”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.