"Egypt - May 2008" Sharm El Sheikh by LiamJackson10

Sharm El Sheikh Travel Guide: 1,353 reviews and 2,473 photos

Egypt and thorts

We had just brought a new house which was our first but we also wanted a holiday before we moved in as it was just being finished off with the building side. We didn't have alot of money as it went towards bits in the new house. We was looking for some where warm and cheap at the same time and after a few weeks off searching the interent and travel shops we got an offer for Egypt, 1 week all inclusive in a 4 star hotel. We had heard alot off mixed things about egypt , people seemed to either hate it or love it. We went out there with an open mind though and would make up our minds after the holiday away.

Hotel and Surrounding Area

Things to do out and about

The biggest thing i believe to do in Egypt is the scuba diving/snorkelling in the red sea and visit the pyramids at cairo. We didn't bother with the pyramids due to the about of time we had, as we was only there for one week and also the cost to do them was to much for us at that time. Our friends who was out in Egypt the same time as us went and they said the pyramids are amazing to look at but they was to busy and the cost to go wasn't worth it. I would have liked to look and may be one day will get back to see them. What i did do alot of though was scuba diving and snorkelling in the red sea. I found this amazing to do. The colours under the sea from the coral and the different fish is just something esle. It was like visiting a different planet under that water. I never got fed up of being in the sea there as every time you go in the was a different fish or different coral and also it was warm and clear waters. I found my self spending most of my holiday in the water or doing some thing around the water, i.e boat trips etc. We did quite a few boat trips which included snorkelling or scuba diving and we did them because you can get an excellant sun tan on the boat and you got to see different parts of the reef which ment we see different fish and coral. The fish that stick in my mind are the loin fish as i know these can be quite dangerous to humans because of their venomous spikes and the barracuda as they was every where and we heard quite a few stories about these fish attacking humans but i am not sure how true these stories are. Also the amount of fish there was amazing , every where you looked there was schools of fish swimming around and they didn't seem bothered that you where there. I did 3 dives in one day which where at the Ras Mohamed National Park. The sea was perfectly calm and warm. I see loads here and went down with an american guy who pointed alot out to me and then on the boat told me alot which was good for me to learn and i found very interesting. We did the evening boat trip as well and snorkelling near dark was a totally different experience within the water. It was hard to see alot but certain things just swam past you and seemed to glow or shine. It hard to explain but it was good because things which didn't glow or shine swam past you and made you jump. So yes the red sea is amazing and i would go back there for that reason and up to now it hasn't been beated in my eyes but i have alot yet to go and see yet (Barrier Reef being one). Away from the water there are other trips etc to do which people who are not keen on the water can take part. We did the quad biking across the desert which was very good and you see how that place is as we don't have anything like it in England. Also we got to see how the locals to the desert lived in huts etc and also we got to see alot of camels. The one thing though which i remember most about the desert was the amount off dead birds and they looked like they had just fell out the sky because above there was loads of them flying in circles. I am un-sure how they died, proberly no food or water and i am also un-sure what type of bird they was. The trip was good though and speeding across a big open space on a quad bike is good fun.

• Pros:Amazing diving and snorkelling in red sea,
  • Cons:To Hot, Food poor and people hard work
  • Last visit to Sharm El Sheikh: May 2008
  • Intro Updated Dec 11, 2010

Comments

LiamJackson10

“Go out Big , Live life”

Badges & Stats in Sharm El Sheikh

Have you been to Sharm El Sheikh?

Latest Activity in Sharm El Sheikh