"my travels within california :)" alyssak's Profile

Pacific Grove

Pacific Grove is the cutest little town right near Monterey. This city is full of friendly people and unique shops and diners. The best pancakes I've ever eaten were at Holly's Lighthouse Cafe on Lighthouse Avenue. When I went, it was the middle of winter and it was freezing but absolutely beautiful! The Andril Fireplace Cottages were just a few minutes walk to the beach. Pacific Grove is also really close to the 17 Mile Drive which is a great thing to do while there! I recommend going to Pacific Grove if you like nice beaches and small-town vibes :)

Venice Beach

Again, I was in Venice Beach to photograph what I saw so I was only there for a few hours but I loved everything about it! There are amazing stores like American Apparel, delicious restaurants, a great skate park with very very talented and sponsored skaters, and extremely unique and interesting people. I saw a lot while I was there but one of the most amazing was a homeless man with his pet dog, and instead of asking for food for himself he was asking for someone to feed his dog. It was very clear how much him and the dog loved each other and I thought it was just amazing. Venice Beach is a great place to go while visiting Los Angeles but remember to always be careful and aware of those around you! :)

Old Town Pasadena

I was recently at a photography camp at Occidental College for two weeks, and while there we traveled all over Los Angeles just to take pictures. Old Town Pasadena was one of my favorite places we went, everything was very colorful and everyone just seemed really happy. We were only there a couple hours but of course we spotted a Pinkberry and had to go in. For those of you that have never been to Pink Berry, it's the best frozen yogurt place in the world! Instead of just candy toppings it has fresh fruit too. As far as I know they're mostly in California but if there's a Pinkberry anywhere near where you live you should definitely try it! :)

• Intro Updated Aug 23, 2010

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!