"Lancaster County's Best Kept Secrets Tour" Lancaster by kaitybrooken

Lancaster Travel Guide: 256 reviews and 348 photos

I FOUND AMAZING TUCKED AWAY TREASURES ON THIS TOUR

Even though I am a local to Lancaster County, I found over 20 incredible places throughout the county that I didn't know existed: like an art gallery in a completely restored Victorian Mansion, one of the country's oldest glass decorating factories, a cafe housed in a general store that was built in 1876, a potter's studio tucked on the side street of Lititz, a replica Bavarian shopping village and an amish dairy farm that bakes the BEST whoopie pies (and they gave them FREE to tour goers). Every place I visited (there are 36 total) had something fun planned for us or a free gift plus coupons.

THIS EVENT IS A BARGAIN!

The tickets only cost $7 each and if you are one of the first 2000 people to buy one you also get a shopping bag filled with fun little items. You can use your tickets as many days as you'l like. The tour lasts a little over 2 weeks. I recooped the $7 within the first 3 stops--because of the discounts and gifts the businesses gave me.

CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE OCTOBER TOUR!

I've done the tour several times. It happens twice a year April & Oct. Every tour has different spots so it never gets old. I can't wait to see what new places I'll find in October! To get more information you can check out their website or facebook page. www.bestkeptsecretstour.com

• Pros:A fun way to find some really interesting spots.
  • Cons:If you want to do the whole tour you need at least 2 days.
  • Last visit to Lancaster: Apr 2011
  • Intro Written Jul 14, 2011

Comments

kaitybrooken Lives Here!

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Lancaster

Have you been to Lancaster?

Latest Activity in Lancaster