"North Sulawesi, an adventure" North Sulawesi Province by Daihappydai
North Sulawesi Province Travel Guide: 233 reviews and 739 photos
Tomohon is a one hour drive from Manado. Set amongst lush volcanic soil, it is a beautiful quiet area where flowers and other vegetation thrive. There is plenty to do for a few days - climb one of the still active volcanoes, take a walk to Danau Linow or even further to the serene Danau Tondano, visit the Tomohon market with both bat and dog meat for sale, or just wander the streets and meet some of the friendly locals.
Pulau Bunaken is an incredible place for snorkelling or diving. It is a short boat trip from Manado and has a range of places to stay from upmarket dive resorts to more basic homestays most of which provide full board. While the beaches on the east side are covered with mangroves, it is here that the water is clearest, and once the mangroves have been navigated, the snorkelling is amazing.
An incredible adventure awaits for those who venture to Batuputih - 'White rock'. The village itself is basically a small fishing village with a few homestays and smple facilities. The local children are particularly friendly. But the real reason for coming is to venture into the reserve. You need to go at least twice - at dawn when you have the best chance of seeing a troop of black macaques, and at dusk which is the only time you will get to see the incredible tarsiers - and without a guide, no chance. Well worth the trip across the northern tip of Sulawesi.
- Pros:An amazing adventure - incredible wildlife, great people
- Cons:None, just enjoy the experience
- In a nutshell:A great place to really experience nature
After a morning of snorkelling or diving, take a walk around the island. Decent tracks make it easy to cross from one... more travel advice
Lorenso's on Bunaken Island is a fantastic, peaceful bungalow style accommdoation for those on a budget and not wanting... more travel advice
Daihappydai's Related Pages
North Sulawesi Province Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "North Sulawesi, an adventure"
- " Welcome to North Sulawesi"
- "North Sulawesi - land of thousand coconuts"
- "Muck diving in Lembeh Straits"
- "Sulawesi Utara"
- "Celebes, Jo !"
- "Bunaken Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in North Sulawesi Province
- Hotels in North Sulawesi Province
- Transportation in North Sulawesi Province
- Nightlife in North Sulawesi Province
- Restaurants in North Sulawesi Province
- Warnings and Dangers in North Sulawesi Province
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in North Sulawesi Province
- 13 Reviews
- 59 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to North Sulawesi Province?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in North Sulawesi Province
Photos in North Sulawesi ProvinceSee All Photos (59)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 41 reviews, 190 photos
- Sumbawa Besar Intro, 30 reviews, 125 photos
- Berastagi Intro, 26 reviews, 111 photos
- Ketambe Intro, 22 reviews, 108 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rantepao Intro, 20 reviews, 93 photos
- Rumah Mulu Intro, 21 reviews, 92 photos
- Pulau Pangkor Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 24 reviews, 81 photos
- Banda Aceh Intro, 21 reviews, 83 photos
- Miri Intro, 23 reviews, 76 photos