"South Sulawesi - a landscape of awe" South Sulawesi Province by Daihappydai
South Sulawesi Province Travel Guide: 275 reviews and 708 photos
South Sulawesi is a place to visit for many reasons, but something that really struck me was the incredible landscapes. From tiered rice fields set amongst tumbling mountains strewn with gigantic rocks to huge picturesque lakes, the scenery is really something to behold. Take the time to appreciate the breath taking views at Erotic Mountain, the panoramic views of the Sa'dan valley from Batutumonga, and the serenity of Danau Tempe.
As I have found throughout Indonesia, the people of South Sulawesi are incredibly friendly, hospitable and happy to offer advice and directions. In villages some of the older people were a little shyer than in big cities, but it didn't take long to start up a conversation with inquisitive children around. Nearly all the children wanted to practice their English and learn a bit more than 'Hello Mister'. This also gave me an opportunity to practice my limited Indonesian. The beautiful smiles of the children and their delight in having their photo taken really is a highlight of South Sulawesi.
- Pros:Many unique experiences to be had
- In a nutshell:Second time was as good as the first
On a day trip to Pulau Lihukan from Bira, our boat captain suggested we do some snorkelling in the calm waters west of... more travel advice
If you are spending a few days at Pantai Biru, use one of them to visit nearby Pulau Lihukan. It is easy to charter a... more travel advice
Daihappydai's Related Pages
South Sulawesi Province Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "South Sulawesi - a landscape of awe"
- "Welcome to Makassar, capital city of South Sulawes"
- "South Sulawesi"
- "Tana Toraja"
- "Rantepao area"
- See All...
- Things to Do in South Sulawesi Province
- Hotels in South Sulawesi Province
- Transportation in South Sulawesi Province
- Nightlife in South Sulawesi Province
- Restaurants in South Sulawesi Province
- Shopping in South Sulawesi Province
- Warnings and Dangers in South Sulawesi Province
- See All...
Badges & Stats in South Sulawesi Province
- 31 Reviews
- 147 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to South Sulawesi Province?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in South Sulawesi Province
- Posted in Travel Pangkor Forum "Re: From Bukit Merah to Pulau..."
- Wrote a Review Snorkelling off Pulau Lihukan, Sth Sulewesi in South Sulawesi Province Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Snorkelling off Pulau Lihukan, Sth Sulewesi"
- updated a South Sulawesi Province Travel Page "South Sulawesi - a landscape of awe"
Photos in South Sulawesi ProvinceSee All Photos (147)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 46 reviews, 215 photos
- Sumbawa Besar Intro, 30 reviews, 125 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berastagi Intro, 26 reviews, 111 photos
- Ketambe Intro, 22 reviews, 108 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rantepao Intro, 20 reviews, 93 photos
- Rumah Mulu Intro, 21 reviews, 92 photos
- Pulau Pangkor Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 24 reviews, 81 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banda Aceh Intro, 21 reviews, 83 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miri Intro, 23 reviews, 76 photos