"Relax, relax and relax again" Pulau We by Daihappydai
Pulau We Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 50 photos
There are several main tourist areas on Pulau Weh - Iboih and Gapang beaches on the north west and a few options on the east. From the harbour, transport to Iboih village is around 50,000 rupaih. It is a quiet little village with a few places to eat and a souvenir shop. From the village you take a path that leads to the tourist accommodation. There are several options so you can look around - generally no need to book in advance apart from Indonesian holiday time when locals will travel from Banda Aceh and Medan for the weekend.
There is plenty to see in the waters around Pulau Weh. Unfortunately, due to rising water temperatures, there has been massive coral bleaching during the last two years and there is very little coral left for snorkellers to see. There is still a wide range of fish that snorkellers can spot off Iboih and other beaches, and beautiful clams off Pulau Rubiah.
For those diving, down deeper you will see coral, sharks, eels and a huge variety of fish.
The Iboih beach area is certainly a place for relaxing. A lot of the accommodation is built right on the shore line - very little actual sandy beach but most of the accommodation has steps into the water for easy access.
If you want to get lost in a bit of reading and get away from the hustle and bustle of city life, Pulau Weh is a great choice.
- Pros:A beautiful, laid back place to relax
- In a nutshell:A true escape from the hustle and bustle
Pulau Weh is certainly a place to relax and it is easy to forget any possible concerns. But it is important to be aware... more travel advice
Although visibility in the water is not as good in the afternoon due to the position of the sun, late afternoon appeared... more travel advice
Daihappydai's Related Pages
Pulau We Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Pulau We
- Hotels in Pulau We
- Transportation in Pulau We
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau We
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau We
- 12 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Pulau We?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau We
Photos in Pulau WeSee All Photos (44)
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 41 reviews, 190 photos
- Sumbawa Besar Intro, 30 reviews, 125 photos
- Berastagi Intro, 26 reviews, 111 photos
- Ketambe Intro, 22 reviews, 108 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rantepao Intro, 20 reviews, 93 photos
- Pulau Pangkor Intro, 22 reviews, 85 photos
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 24 reviews, 81 photos
- Banda Aceh Intro, 21 reviews, 83 photos
- Bima Intro, 18 reviews, 69 photos
- Bandanaira Intro, 16 reviews, 71 photos