"Doreen and Steve on Tour" tigertribal's Profile

I have only started this catalogue of our holidays so it will take a while to get it sorted, but if you have any questions, do not hestitate to ask and I will try to answer them. I am beginning in Torremolinos, Costa del Sol, Spain, September 2010 and working backwards so please be patient.

We were late starters with this holiday lark but I think we have packed a fair bit in, in 15 years of travelling the world.

As you can see from our map, we love travelling to Asia, especially Indo-China. The only country we have travelled to twice in SE Asia is Cambodia as it so beautiful, but Burma and Laos come a very close second and third.

I personally loved the Tiger Safari in India as I am a big tiger fan. We did 16 game drives over the 3 National Parks and saw tigers on 11 occasions (3 times from the back of an elephant). Superb.

The other country we go to regulary is the Costa del Sol in Spain, what I call our short haul holiday (flight is under 3 hours), where we just relax and vegitate for 2 weeks.

The photo is of Remy, our Shih-Tzu, who we have to unfortunately leave behind when we go travelling

Countries visited

Mexico: Cancun: June 2000

Egypt: Cairo, Luxor, Nile Cruise, Aswan and Abu Simbel: May 2001

Spain: Benelmadena, Costa del Sol: August 2001

Spain: Torremolinos, Costa del Sol: June 2002

Kenya: Safari: Masai Mara NP, Lake Nakuru, Mount Kenya, Samburu NP and Mombasa: September 2002

Singapore, Bali, Thailand (Bangkok and Koh Samui): July 2003

India: Tiger Safari: Delhi, Agra, Kanha NP, Bandvargth NP and Ranthambor NP: May 2004

Spain: Benelmadena, Costa del Sol: August 2004

Peru: Lima, Ica, Cusco, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu and Lake Titicaca: April 2005

Spain: Torremolinos, Costa del Sol: September 2005

Malaysia: Kuala Lumpur and Penang and Cambodia:Siem Reap: June 2006

Spain: Torremolinos, Costa del Sol: September 2006

China: Beijing, Hangzhou, Suzhou, Shanghai, Yangtze Cruise, Xian and Hong Kong: June 2007

Spain: Torremolinos, Costa del Sol: September 2007

Burma: Yangon, Mandalay, Bagan and Inle Lake and Thailand: Pattaya: June 2008

Spain:Torremolinos, Costa del Sol: September 2008

Cambodia: Phnom Penh and Siem Reap and Thailand: Hua Hin: June 2009

Spain:Torremolinos, Costa del Sol: September 2009

Laos: Vientiane and Luang Prabang and Thailand: Phuket: July 2010

Spain: Torremolinos, Costa del Sol: September 2010

Iceland: Reykjavik: March 2011

Vietnam: Hanoi, Halong Bay, Hoi An, Hue, Ho Chi Minh City and Nha Trang: June 2011

Spain: Benelmadena, Costa del Sol: September 2011

• Intro Updated Feb 14, 2011

Comments

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!