"Welcome to Neuschwanstein !" Schloss Neuschwanstein by loja
Schloss Neuschwanstein Travel Guide: 252 reviews and 794 photos
Visit : 01/07/2010
Period : XIX century
Construction : 1869 - 1883
Style : Neo-Gothic, renaissance, baroque
Owner : Ludwig II (4th king of Bavaria )
This is an amazing castle, located in southwest Bavaria, in Schwangau. It's style is something between neo-gothic, baroque and renaissance. Ludwig II (4th king of Bavaria ) planned to built a huge castle of his dream, in place where he was born and raised. When Ludwig was young, he lived with his family in Hohenschwangau village.
Ludwig spent so much money for this castle, more than he has, so he was in debt, was removed from his post (King). Ludwig was found insane because. People thought that if he cannot manage money properly, he is insane. *But I think it wasn't a true, it was just his huge dream and obsession with castle that he wanted to built and where he wanted to live.*
And in 1886 Ludwig II was found dead in lake. And nobody knows how it was happened. He was found with his doctor, also dead.
On this website you can read more about this beautiful castle. Also here you can found a virtual guide inside castle:
From the castle, from a bridge, from everywhere... You can see. Castle Hoheschwangau, lake, mountains. One of the best views that I ever saw.
Germany, Bavaria and of course Alps (Northern Limestone Alps, to be precise).
Not only in castle, but also outside, in small souvenirs shop you can buy so many interesting things, such as:
magnets ,puzzles, charms,postcards, books and so on.
Prices are high, for example I paid 5 euros only for one charm. But whole Germany is a beautiful but expensive country, remember this :-)
As regards us, we bought 3 charms and a book about Neuschwastein castle ( includes Hoheschwanagu castle, king's history etc ) in Russian.
But there are a lot of languages, Chinese, Russian, English...
loja's Related Pages
Schloss Neuschwanstein Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of the most beautiful places on the Earth!"
- "The masterpiece of a mystic man"
- "The fairy Tale castles"
- "The dream castle of King Ludwig"
- "Once upon a time.... Neuschwanstein Castle"
- "Over the edge on the way to Neuschwanstein"
- "Welcome to magic world of Ludwig II"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- Hotels in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- Transportation in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- Nightlife in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- Restaurants in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- Shopping in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- Warnings and Dangers in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Schloss Neuschwanstein
- 1 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Schloss Neuschwanstein?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Schloss Neuschwanstein
Videos in Schloss NeuschwansteinSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 17 reviews, 136 photos, 10 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 13 reviews, 137 photos, 10 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 16 reviews, 127 photos, 9 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 9 reviews, 88 photos, 7 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 3 reviews, 92 photos, 10 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 12 reviews, 75 photos, 2 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 73 photos, 10 travelogues
- Watford Intro, 67 photos, 8 travelogues
- Wroclaw Intro, 1 review, 64 photos, 8 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 3 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues