"Ciao Milano!" Milan by penny_g
Milan Travel Guide: 2,886 reviews and 7,326 photos
My last trip included Milan and to be honest before visiting it, I had more expectations. It is worth a visit in any case, there are sightseeings and attractions but this is definetely not the best of Italy and Italy has more to offer. I cannot say why exactly this is but let's start with the garbage and dust. Even the air in this city feels heavy and unclean. Not quite enough green areas and trees along the streets.
Milan is an industrial center and the area is well developped since a longer time. This is why living standard and prices are higher than rest of Italy.
However, don't become embarassed about visiting Milan. If you have more time at disposal, think of going around Milan - there is a plenty of things to do. You can go to two of the most beautiful European lakes - Como and Garda, situated in the Alps. Switzerland is not far away, as well as Monaco and Monte Carlo. Po river is also nearby. Not to mention that many tourists combine Milan and Venice. Bergamo is another small town, having preserved the atmosphere of the Middle Age. Milan's three airports are also quite convinient for someone who wants to go to Italy, so it may be the perfect starting point.
On the other side of Via Palestro you can find more gardens (open only to children accompanied by adults). They belong... more travel advice
Located quite close to the Giardini Pubblicci, this building impresses with its architecture and statues on the top. more travel advice
penny_g's Related Pages
Milan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MILAN - As I've always wanted to visit"
- "Home sweet home!"
- "La Dolce Vita In Milano ;-)"
- "Milan - surprising and fascinating"
- "Visconti? Sforza? Leonardo? Just Milan!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Milan
- Hotels in Milan
- Transportation in Milan
- Nightlife in Milan
- Restaurants in Milan
- Shopping in Milan
- Warnings and Dangers in Milan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Milan
- 53 Reviews
- 69 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Milan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Milan
Photos in MilanSee All Photos (69)
Top 10 Pages
- Athens Intro, 44 reviews, 105 photos
- Milan Intro, 53 reviews, 69 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 26 reviews, 42 photos
- Oslo Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 15 reviews, 36 photos
- Budapest Intro, 10 reviews, 34 photos
- Malmö Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos
- Brno Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
- Turku Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Italy Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos