"VT is useful and pleasant" penny_g's Profile
I come from a small country - Bulgaria but I am a huge fan of travelling. Indeed, it is my main hobby and I can't live without it.
During a trip, I try both - to visit as many sites as possible and to feel local athmosphere and what it is like to be a local.
I can give precious advice to those of you who plan to visit Bulgaria. As to me, Sofia is an average European capital. I would be happier if traffic was less. Anyway, Sofia has a lot to offer in terms of nature and history. It is the only European capital located on the foot of a mountain, higher than 2300 m. Vitosha (that mountain) is said to be the lunges of Sofia and sure it is. Apart of this, there are really huge park and forest areas within the city, check here http://www.picturesofbulgaria.com/maps/sofia.html.
Historically, it was one of the first European settlements, appreciated for its mineral water springs. It is still one of the very few capitals where big beer costs EUR 1.
In general, Bulgaria is known for its various and clean nature. Probably, we only don't have many islands - there're only five in the country.
Except my own country, I like many others to travel to. I have been many times to France and Scandinavia. In my opinion there are three most beautiful cities in the world and these are Rome, Istanbul and Moscow.
I like meeting new people of other nationalities, religions and cultures, building networks and exchange thoughts and opinions. Hope I will have this opportunity here. From VT, I expect lots of new friends, clever tips for forthcoming trips and a lot of fun.
Have a look at my watercolour blog with paintings from recent trips: http://mypaintingsmyworld.blogspot.be/
-Sweden - Kiruna, Abisko, Abisko Turiststation
- Poland - Krakow, Zakopane, Witow
- Holand: Rotterdam, Kinderdijk, Leiden, Lisse, Keukenhof
-Bulgaria: Sofia, Plovdiv, Karlovo
- Spain, Mallorca - Palma de Mallorca, Las illetes
- Bulgaria - Sofia, Plovdiv, Assenovgrad
- Norway - Oslo, Tromsø
- Poland - Krakow, Zakopane, Koscielisko, Witow
- Belgium - Halle
- South Korea: Seoul, Sokcho, Seorak Mountain, Gangneung, Pohang, Gyeongju, Yangdong folk village, Busan, Daejeon, Bukhansan Mount
- Japan: Fukuoka, Tokyo, Kawaguchiko
-Germany: Berlin and Wannsee
- Germany: Cologne and Bonn
- France: Paris, Rennes, Mont-Saint-Michel
- Croatia: Pula, Rovinj
- Serbia: Belgrade
- Bulgaria: Sofia, Borovets, Musala Peak, Burgas, Sunny Beach, Nessebar, Varna, Golden Sands, Albena, Balchik
- Germany: Aachen
- Belgium: Knokke
- USA: NYC, Niagara Falls, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Victorville, LA - Long Island, Hollywood, Santa Monica
January - Sweden: Stockholm and Luleå
January - Spa, Belgium
March - Faro, Portugal
March/April - Moscow
April - Strasbourg & Alsace
May - Nord-pas-de-Calais, France; bike trip
May - Paris
June - Montpellier & Carcassone, France
July/August - Cassis, Bouche du Rhone, France
August - Nice, France
August/September - China: Beijing, Badalin, Xi'an, Chongqing, Guilin,
November: Italy: Treviso, Venice, Florence, Rome, Bologna
December: Maincy, France
Rome is the universal destination in my opinion as regards travelling. I haven't been and haven't heard of someone, having been to such a place, full of history, arts, culture, religious significances, modernity and fashion. Archaelogists there refused to search for other ruins in Rome because they don't have where to store them.
This picture is from Stockholm - a city which I felt as a home town. I like the Scandinavian lifestyle - people there appreciate freedom, the free speech and live in harmony with nature. They are also very direct and wouldn't talk things about you in your absence.
I love Zurich for its slow pace and openess to the lake. It's a great pleasure in the summer to lie on the grass around, drink some cold water and have Swiss chocolate. And from time to time to jump into the water.
I can say Berlin is huge and has a lot to offer but unfortunately everything is about new history and Germany's reunification.
A city on two continents, Istanbul attracts with forms, scent and colours. Giant, ancient but full of young people and magic ... all this is Istanbul ...
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 208 Reviews
- 531 Photos
- 13 Countries
- 17 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Commented on angiebabe's profile page
updated their Profile Page "VT is useful and pleasant"
- Posted in Travel Kiruna Forum "Re: Kiruna vs. Abisko for..."
- penny_g and udtaparindaa are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "VT is useful and pleasant"
- updated a Moscow Travel Page "Moscow"
- Wrote a Review Gare Centrale in Luxembourg Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to Madrid
VideosSee All Videos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Athens Intro, 44 reviews, 105 photos
- Milan Intro, 53 reviews, 69 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 26 reviews, 42 photos
- Oslo Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 15 reviews, 36 photos
- Budapest Intro, 10 reviews, 34 photos
- Malmö Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos
- Brno Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
- Turku Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Italy Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos