"VT is useful and pleasant" penny_g's Profile

About myself

I come from a small country - Bulgaria but I am a huge fan of travelling. Indeed, it is my main hobby and I can't live without it.

During a trip, I try both - to visit as many sites as possible and to feel local athmosphere and what it is like to be a local.

I can give precious advice to those of you who plan to visit Bulgaria. As to me, Sofia is an average European capital. I would be happier if traffic was less. Anyway, Sofia has a lot to offer in terms of nature and history. It is the only European capital located on the foot of a mountain, higher than 2300 m. Vitosha (that mountain) is said to be the lunges of Sofia and sure, it is. Apart of this, there are really huge park and forest areas within the city, check here http://www.picturesofbulgaria.com/maps/sofia.html.

Historically, it was one of the first European settlements, appreciated for its mineral water springs. It is still one of the very few capitals where big beer costs EUR 1.

In general, Bulgaria is known for its various and clean nature. Probably, we only don't have many islands - there're only five in the country.

Except my own country, I like many others to travel to. I have been many times to France and Scandinavia. In my opinion there are three most beautiful cities in the world and these are Rome, Istanbul and Moscow.

I like meeting new people of other nationalities, religions and cultures, building networks and exchange thoughts and opinions. Hope that I will have this opportunity here. From VT, I expect lots of new friends, clever tips for forthcoming trips and a lot of fun.

Have a look at my watercolour blog with paintings from recent trips: http://mypaintingsmyworld.blogspot.be/

2013 TRIPS

Longsheng, Shanghai

November: Italy: Treviso, Venice, Florence, Rome, Bologna

December: Maincy, France

The eternal city

Rome is the universal destination in my opinion as regards travelling. I haven't been and haven't heard of someone, having been to such a place, full of history, arts, culture, religious significances, modernity and fashion. Archaelogists there refused to search for other ruins in Rome because they don't have where to store them.

China

The amazing capital of PR China.

Scandinavia

This picture is from Stockholm - a city which I felt as a home town. I like the Scandinavian lifestyle - people there appreciate freedom, the free speech and live in harmony with nature. They are also very direct and wouldn't talk things about you in your absence.

Zurich

I love Zurich for its slow pace and openess to the lake. It's a great pleasure in the summer to lie on the grass around, drink some cold water and have Swiss chocolate. And from time to time to jump into the water.

Berlin

I can say Berlin is huge and has a lot to offer but unfortunately everything is about new history and Germany's reunification.

Istanbul

A city on two continents, Istanbul attracts with forms, scent and colours. Giant, ancient but full of young people and magic ... all this is Istanbul ...

Moscow

Simply amazing!

• Intro Updated Jan 4, 2014

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
penny_g's Profile Photo

penny_g

“Boredom is something, which I don't know.”

Location