"VT is useful and pleasant" penny_g's Profile
I come from a small country - Bulgaria but I am a huge fan of travelling. Indeed, it is my main hobby and I can't live without it.
During a trip, I try both - to visit as many sites as possible and to feel local athmosphere and what it is like to be a local.
I can give precious advice to those of you who plan to visit Bulgaria. As to me, Sofia is an average European capital. I would be happier if traffic was less. Anyway, Sofia has a lot to offer in terms of nature and history. It is the only European capital located on the foot of a mountain, higher than 2300 m. Vitosha (that mountain) is said to be the lunges of Sofia and sure, it is. Apart of this, there are really huge park and forest areas within the city, check here http://www.picturesofbulgaria.com/maps/sofia.html.
Historically, it was one of the first European settlements, appreciated for its mineral water springs. It is still one of the very few capitals where big beer costs EUR 1.
In general, Bulgaria is known for its various and clean nature. Probably, we only don't have many islands - there're only five in the country.
I love Scandinavia, this part of the world is somehow mysterious for me and I would like to explore the whole of it. For the moment, I am going there every year.
I like meeting new people of other nationalities, religions and cultures, building networks and exchange thoughts and opinions. Hope that I will have this opportunity here. From VT, I expect lots of new friends, clever tips for forthcoming trips and a lot of fun.
Have a look at my watercolour blog with paintings from recent trips: http://mypaintingsmyworld.blogspot.be/
January - Sweden: Stockholm and Luleå
January - Spa, Belgium
March - Faro, Portugal
March/April - Moscow
April - Strasbourg & Alsace
May - Nord-pas-de-Calais, France; bike trip
May - Paris
June - Montpellier & Carcassone, France
July/August - Cassis, Bouche du Rhone, France
August - Nice, France
August/September - China: Beijing, Badalin, Xi'an, Chongqing, Guilin,
November: Italy: Treviso, Venice, Florence, Rome, Bologna
Rome is the universal destination in my opinion as regards travelling. I haven't been and haven't heard of someone, having been to such a place, full of history, arts, culture, religious significances, modernity and fashion. Archaelogists there refused to search for other ruins in Rome because they don't have where to store them.
The UK capital is so different from Continental Europe that I liked at once its cosmopolitan style, multiculturality but also its universality (yet British people managed to make their language the world's most spoken one), the calm neighbouroods. Nevertheless, you will read in my London tips that London is not in the "premier league" of my favourite destinations. In paricular, during my last UK stay, I enjoyed that the GBP went down and it was not so expensive as people say.
This picture is from Stockholm - a city which I felt as a home town. I like the Scandinavian lifestyle - people there appreciate freedom, the free speech and live in harmony with nature. They are also very direct and wouldn't talk things about you in your absence.
I love Zurich for its slow pace and openess to the lake. It's a great pleasure in the summer to lie on the grass around, drink some cold water and have Swiss chocolate. And from time to time to jump into the water.
I can say Berlin is huge and has a lot to offer but unfortunately everything is about new history and Germany's reunification.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 208 Reviews
- 530 Photos
- 13 Countries
- 17 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
updated their Profile Page "VT is useful and pleasant"
- Commented on penny_g's profile page
- Posted in Travel Europe Forum "Re: Travelling Belgium-Netherlands"
- penny_g and tenluk are now friends.
- updated a Moscow Travel Page "Moscow"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Moscow"
- Wrote a Review Gare Centrale in Luxembourg Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to Madrid
VideosSee All Videos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Athens Intro, 44 reviews, 105 photos
- Milan Intro, 53 reviews, 69 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 26 reviews, 42 photos
- Oslo Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 15 reviews, 36 photos
- Budapest Intro, 10 reviews, 34 photos
- Malmö Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos
- Brno Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
- Turku Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Italy Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos