"Caravan Tours to Grand Canyon" Grand Canyon National Park by dhammond
Grand Canyon National Park Travel Guide: 648 reviews and 1,676 photos
Departed from Phoenix after breakfast and drove through Scottsdale and along the Camelback Mountain range. Stopped off at Montezuma Castle to see the 12th century Native American cliff dwellings. It was incredible to stand under the cliffs and look up at the caves and man made hollow in the rock face and think of what the daily life of people living in these high cliffs must have been like.
From Montezuma we travelled on th the Native American village at Sedona and marvelled at the delecate artistry produced by the People living there. The setting of Sedona is spectacular with red rock formations towering all around. We bought snacks for lunch and spent our time looking over the valleys rather than spending it in reasturants waiting to be served. If you want to see the country and not just eat your way through it, try doing it this way. Don't worry what the other coach passangers think or say you'll be amaised at how many things they did not manage to see.
The routh continued through Oak Creek Canyon onto the Grand Canyon and our first magnificant view of this great spectacle.
Then a great evening at our Wooden Lodge in Park.
dhammond's Related Pages
Grand Canyon National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Grandest of Canyons"
- "Grand Canyon, Colorado River Rafting"
- "Getting to the Bottom of the Grand Canyon"
- "GRAND CANYON IS A LOT OF THINGSTO A LOT OF PEOPLE"
- "A Walk Through Time"
- "Grand Means Big and Deep Canyon"
- "A Sunrise in October"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grand Canyon National Park
- Hotels in Grand Canyon National Park
- Transportation in Grand Canyon National Park
- Nightlife in Grand Canyon National Park
- Restaurants in Grand Canyon National Park
- Shopping in Grand Canyon National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Grand Canyon National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Grand Canyon National Park
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Grand Canyon National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grand Canyon National Park
Top PagesSee All Travel Pages (2)
No friends yet.