"Out and about..." KakapoTheParrot's Profile

The Jungfraujoch

I cheated of course and used the train to get to the Sphinx on the Jungfraujoch. I think the Choughs probably flew. I joined them for a while as they waited for handouts of crisps and sandwiches from the tourists.

Hot chocolate at Mönchsjochhütte

After a 45 minute walk on the glacier from the exit below the Sphinx I was ready for a small hot chotolate.

Relaxing at the hotel in Wengen

Hot chocolate is fine when you're walking but if someone leaves a glass of wine unattended, what do they expect me to do? Stunning view of course.

Third Class!

Trying to roost in a third class sleeping compartment on the Delhi to Jabalpur train. Third Class indeed! I'm sure Kakapos deserve better.

Siteseeing in India

Joining the crowds in a bit of siteseeing.

Not just any old balcony....

This building includes the room in which William Shakespeare proposed to Anne Hathaway, at least that's the belief. The building is now part of the school in Shottery, on the outskirts of Stratford.
The balcony is believed to have been the original inspiration for the balony scene in Romeo and Juliet.

On the balcony...

You can't visit the balcony normally. In my case, I got help from a local bear who sneaked me up for a photo or two, during an open day at the school.

• Intro Updated Jun 30, 2013

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
KakapoTheParrot's Profile Photo

KakapoTheParrot

“errr.... squawk?”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.