"Small Gold Mining Town with Big Name" Chiu-fen by limkahwan
Chiu-fen Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 22 photos
Chiufen once a center of gold mining in Taiwan. Now the gold is gone but this quaint old village built closely packed houses clinging to steep mountain sides continues to offer enchanting scenery and fascinating glimpses into the lifestyles of the past.
Village has two rows of shops selling local & traditional delicacies side by side. Its a small hilly slope about 4 lanes, a small theater, tools for gold digging, tunnels, and museum. During week end there are plenty of local visitors.
The unique of this Village is that most of the house are small.
- Pros:Truly a well preserved Village
- Cons:Roads to the village are too narrow
- In a nutshell:More than just Gold Mining Village
limkahwan's Related Pages
Chiu-fen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chiu Feng"
- "Charming Small Town"
- "Small Gold Mining Town with Big Name"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chiu-fen
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Chiu-fen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chiu-fen
Photos in Chiu-fenSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Penang Intro, 33 reviews, 145 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Kelantan Intro, 13 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Thailand Intro, 10 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chiang Mai Intro, 7 reviews, 38 photos
- Taipei Intro, 4 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- T'ai-chung Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos
- Taiwan Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos
- Kaohsiung Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- T'ai-nan Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mae Hong Son Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos