"Hualian National Scenic Area" Hualian by limkahwan
Hualian Travel Guide: 136 reviews and 412 photos
This Eastern Taiwan area stretches in a long narrow strip along the island's Pacific coast, Dolphin watching is also one of the popular activity for those visiting Hualian. Beside this it also boast two national scenic areas, East Rift Valley as well as Taroko National Park. Hualian is also home to the Taiwan's largest indigenous people, the Amis Tribe. Taroko is a world renowned land of majestic beauty and marble-wall gorge scenery. When visiting Taroko do not missed the Qingshui Cliff-Suao-Hualian Highland crossing the cliff of more than 1,000 meters high snake along for more than 20 km., Tianxiang- the site of old Atayal village of Liwu and Dasha river. Wen Tian Xiang who live during the 13th century and the last Prime Minister of Song Dynasty. The scenic sport at Tianxiang include Siangde Temple, Tianfeng Temple and Pagoda, Suspension Bridge. Swallows' Grottos the hole made by long term erosion from the river and ground water, became the home for Pacific Swallows. Tunnel of Nine Turns is the best place to see the scenic views of the Taroko. Eternal Spring Shirne the best photographing scenes in the gorge. Those who like trails, Baiyang is one of the best trail in Taiwan, is about 2 km.
Others interesting places in Hualian are Yushan National Park,***iping, Sanxiantai, Xiaoyeliu, Xiouguluan River, Green Island and Farglory Park.
If one intend to visit the Taroko, it is advisable to joint the Tour Van which can be arranged by the hotel, which cost TWD 980.00 include lunch. This expedition will take the whole day.
Buluowan was once inhabited by the indigenous Taroko (Truku)people,it means "echo". Truku has a history of more than 1,000 years in Taiwan.
- Pros:Hualian has less trafic and very good air quality
- Cons:It has no MRT
- In a nutshell:Very Good place to release stress while you enjoy the scenic .
limkahwan's Related Pages
Hualian Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HUALIAN, EAST COAST CITY"
- "Beautiful East Coast"
- "Too Short For Heaven--Hualien"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hualian
- Hotels in Hualian
- Transportation in Hualian
- Nightlife in Hualian
- Restaurants in Hualian
- Shopping in Hualian
- Warnings and Dangers in Hualian
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hualian
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Hualian?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hualian
Photos in HualianSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Penang Intro, 33 reviews, 145 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Kelantan Intro, 13 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Thailand Intro, 11 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chiang Mai Intro, 11 reviews, 58 photos
- Taipei Intro, 4 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- T'ai-chung Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos
- Taiwan Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos
- Kaohsiung Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Negeri Terengganu Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos
- T'ai-nan Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 1 travelogue