"Kaohsiung Taiwan" Kaohsiung by limkahwan
Kaohsiung Travel Guide: 198 reviews and 530 photos
This is the very few well preserved Cathedral in Taiwan. It was established in 1847 Rose Cathedral - Take MRT to Central Park Station then a Shuttle Bus R 20 to the cathedral. The cathedral is also quite nearby to Love River at Jianguo 4th Road. This Catholic church is the only church that practices services in a foreign language in the entire Kaohsiung area.
Built during the period of Emperor Sian Fong of the Cing Dynasty, Kaohsiung Holy Rosary Cathedral Minor Basilica is the first and largest cathedral in Taiwan and one of the three major basilicas in Asia. It is an aesthetically pleasing building that integrates Roman and Gothic architecture styles.
Museum of Labour - Take the Kaohsiung MRT Orange line to Yanchengpu Station, leave the station from Exit 1, and turn right at Dayong Road. The museum is just by the Pier 2 Art Center.
Most of the items on display are transformed from recycled items. The Kaohsiung Museum of Labour is located at Taiwan Sugar Corporation's C4 warehouse, just next to the Pier 2 Art Center. It is the first museum in Taiwan to feature Taiwanese labourers and has devoted itself to the preservation of the cultural value of Taiwan's labourers. The museum manages to maintain Kaohsiung's image as an industrial city from the perspective of labour culture and aims to share their achievements with visitors, especially labourers. This museum is very unique.
- Pros:The city that is worth visiting.
- In a nutshell:A City with ease to travel.
limkahwan's Related Pages
Kaohsiung Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Revisiting Kaohsiung"
- "Keeweechic's Kaohsiung"
- "Taiwan's second largest city"
- "A colorful city & great temples"
- "City by the Sea"
- "Kao-hsiung County (chinese: °ª¶¯¿¤¥«)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kaohsiung
- Hotels in Kaohsiung
- Transportation in Kaohsiung
- Nightlife in Kaohsiung
- Restaurants in Kaohsiung
- Shopping in Kaohsiung
- Warnings and Dangers in Kaohsiung
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kaohsiung
- 2 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Kaohsiung?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kaohsiung
Top 10 Pages
- Penang Intro, 33 reviews, 145 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Kelantan Intro, 13 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Thailand Intro, 10 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chiang Mai Intro, 7 reviews, 38 photos
- Taipei Intro, 4 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- T'ai-chung Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos
- Taiwan Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos
- Kaohsiung Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- T'ai-nan Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mae Hong Son Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos